Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  21
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: MTO Looking to bump fees again!

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    The strategy was political, of course.

The new Lakeport Brewery (in the mid 90's) attempted to gain market share by dumping cheap shitty beer onto the market. Twenty four for twenty four, Buck-a-beer. Extremely catchy slogan.
    The bad Liberals put an end to that because MADD told them to.
    PC's repeal anything/everything the bad Liberals did. So bringing back buck-a-beer makes PC good! ....and it's a catchy slogan.

Nothing to do with producing and selling beer at a dollar a unit is impossible.
    And you can always find folks who are willing to buy crappy product.

stangstevers
    folks, my friends, people of ontario?

lol sorry

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post

lol sorry
    Yup, anyone who would buy that dollar store beer.

Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    -Don____________

stangstevers
    We could replace politicians with a cheesy 2000's soundboard made out of Flash and HTML :/

LOL

Club Supporter
    Ugh, I wish he wouldn't do stuff like this - $16.6K is a massive % salary increase. Makes it harder to say he's different than his predecessors (unless he's cutting somewhere else plus re-deploying and not back-filling to do it on an expense neutral or even savings basis.

Ontario Premier Doug Ford has named 31 MPPs as parliamentary assistants, with each receiving an additional $16,600 on top of their already six-figure salaries.

Ford's office announced the names in a news release Wednesday, the same day opposition parties called for an external review into government appointments after it was revealed that at least three had personal ties to his former chief of staff.

Parliamentary assistants "support ministers with legislative and committee matters, including special projects and assignments that require dedicated leadership," the news release said. "They also play a key role in building relationships and communicating government initiatives across the province."

Wednesday's announcement means there are now 13 more parliamentary assistants than there were before the cabinet shuffle.

My sister-in-law's brother is in this government so makes for interesting conversation at family events and dinners....lol.

They gotta get this shit under control or risk being a 1-term government.....

Ontario Progressive Conservative MPP Kinga Surma’s father got a job working for a minister in Premier Doug Ford’s government just weeks after the 2018 provincial election, sources say.

Miroslaw Surma is a policy adviser for the Minister of Economic Development, according to a government directory.

Mr. Surma began working for then economic development minister Jim Wilson last July, a month after the Tories came to power, said government sources who were granted anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.
    Last edited by 92redragtop; 06-27-2019 at 04:58 PM.

stangstevers
    it's "have you driven a ford, lately"

I meant for a period of 15 years, prior to the increases starting.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    what 15 years?
    we've seen steady increases over the last 15 years! double almost!

Sept. 1, 2011 - $74
    Sept. 1, 2012 - $82
    Sept. 1, 2013 - $90
    Sept. 1, 2014 - $98
    Sept. 1, 2015 - $108
    Sept. 1, 2016 - $120

nothing but an additional tax. NOTHING to do with better roads.
    2024 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red - Performance Package - Nite Pony Package - Active Exhaust - Recaro Seats - Magneride - H-Pipe
    2023 Ford F150 XLT - Agate Black - Powerboost - Black Appearance Package - Black Rhino Atlas Wheels (18X9) - BF Goodrich K02 (275,70,R18)

Received an update from the Canadian Taxpayers Federation indicating Mulroney had reached out to them and is now putting the hold back on several of the increases they were planning after receiving the signed petitions, complaints, etc. brought before her. We'll see how long it lasts...this time.

I think the message is....we can make a difference as taxpayers if we are vocal enough, i.e. signing petitions, emailing/calling your MP/MPP.