Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Needs to Be LOWER:

Needs to Be LOWER:

Hey guys, need suggestions on lowering my Mustang some more.

Currently running a set of H&R springs with Billstein struts & shocks. B
    The springs have been in the car for over 16 years, was probably the 1st or 2nd mod I did to it when I bought it.

Looking for suggestions on how to get her lowered about a 1/2 inch in the front & 1 inch in the rear. Pretty much want the top of the tires, just under the fender & 1/4 panel sheet metal.

Seen a lot of low new edge mustangs & always felt mine still sat high, considering the suspension parts I've added over the years.

Rim/ tire combo:

Front: 275/40R17 Nitto 555 om 17x9 Bullitt reps.

Rear: 315/35R17 Nitto 555 on 17x10.5 Bullitt reps.

Pic for reference.

Looking for suggestions.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

If you still have the spring isolators in there, can pull them out and gain a little more low. Won't be an inch but I think mine were worth about a 1/4 inch after pulling both.

As per going much lower, there's a staggering amount of options but they all come with some Caveat Emptor.

Yours look like the H&R Sport spring which is a 1.5" drop. Can swap over to the Supersport variants or a similar other brand bring which are good for about a 1.8-2.0" drop but if thats more drop that you want might be SOL. You can do some "insert generic Mustang parts website brand" coilovers which allow you to totally dial the height in at whatever you want but ride quality is hit or miss. Could also go full pop for a set of Maximum Motorsports coils meant for your spring/strut combo but they are pretty pricey. I know everyone on here who runs them seems to have rave reviews.

Regardless of what option you choose to go lower you will need an alignment for sure, most likely caster/camber plates to get the geometry back in spec, and potentially at level of low you will want to start considering bump steer kits, offset rack bushings, adjustable arms and other means to correct the angle problems associated with that low life.

My New Edge is running H&R Supersports which was mod one. Initially I ran them with zero isolators which netted me about a 2.25 drop front and 2.0 drop rear which on my 18's looked great. Then after driving it a few years I wore threw my fender liner, ate some harness up, and used every road dip and driveway to polish the bottom of my k member. Ended up tossing poly isolators back in which got me back around 2" drop which is absolutely as low as I'd ever go on these cars. I still struggle with clearance issues but am unwilling to sacrifice anymore hotboi points to go higher. My car needed CC plates, bump steer kit, offset rack bushings, and adjustable rear arms just to be manageable day to day.

You car looks super clean as it stands, maybe pull the isolators and see how she looks to you after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Which springs are you using? Eibach Sportlines or H&R Super Sports give the best drop IMO, both close to 2”, but Sportlines are a bit lower than SS. If that’s not enough you could cut some coils or go with coilovers.

Pic of ride height at max 2.25 drop for reference
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Mod that will not only give the drop your after but improve ride and handling, go Maximum Motorsports coil over kit all round. Front kit bolts directly to your existing struts, rears require shock to be grooved only.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Mod that will not only give the drop your after but improve ride and handling, go Maximum Motorsports coil over kit all round. Front kit bolts directly to your existing struts, rears require shock to be grooved only.

This is the way I went with my 2004 convertible. Great way to get the exact drop you want.

The kmember brace on my car as well as the exhaust is quite low so some experimenting is needed to get the right mix of good looks and the ability to clear road hazards

Then after driving it a few years I wore threw my fender liner, ate some harness up,
    Been there, done that.

For what it’s worth, G, I like the stance of your car as it is.
    -Don____________

George, unless you go with the Maximum Motorsport or even possibly QA1 type setup I would honestly leave it as is. It looks great as it sits and sometimes the juice isn’t worth the squeeze.

Maybe take that money and add a Maximum Motorsport panhard bar kit and lower control arms, lose the quad shocks and if budgets allow add a rear torque arm. It will really improve the handling and ride and make the car feel new again.
    FABMAN

Thanks for all the feedback & suggestions guys!

It's a toss up to do the Maximum Motorsports coil over kit, or upgrade to an 18" staggered wheel combo.

Who's knows, maybe both?????

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Front c/o kit for sale in buy n sell section.
    Reliable seller.