Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 2014 v6 transmission crossmember mount.

2014 v6 transmission crossmember mount.

hey guys, so i just came back from getting my oil change(finally got to put some amsoil in there)

and the mechanic noticed that the brace that sits under the tranny, the two bolts directly underneath were over tightened and now starting to crack. it kinda looks like this.

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-6068F/2005-...Mount-Assembly

I had my tranny replaced by ford about 5 months ago, at summit. when i told them about it they said that they did not do it.

my question is, is there a better replacement i can get that one of you guys can direct me to? or just buy it from dealer and replace with that?
    also how dangerous is it to be driving around like that? should i replace the bushing too while im at it in the next few weeks?

sorry but it been a very frustrating process trying to get things right, and the people at ford are not helping!!

thanks in advance to all who helps. keep in mind the link i provided is for the GT wich i do not have. i cant seem to find much online.

ended up just ordering the mount from ford. should be easy to install on my own.

Odd problem, got a pic of the damaged one?

I can probably get under it and take a pic
    . But right around the 2 center bolts have circular cracks on the outer edges.

Once you replace would be great.
    Not seen that before but have seen two different S197s where rack mount is broken / corroded clean off.

ya its comming from edmonton, so hopefully it comes in by friday. ill post pics when complete.