Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  28
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Used Mercedes...

Used Mercedes...

Wife and I are looking into picking up a Mercedes cls 500. Since some of you guys are into the European cars figured I’d ask about them here. What’s the reliability like on these and what should I be looking for problem wise?

Maybe Laffs will chime in

Hopefully Das 5.0 , chimes in, he was with Benz for 30+ years !
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

Quote Originally Posted by Screw View Post
    Maybe Laffs will chime in
    Made the post hoping he would lol

I'm no expert, but I'll speak to what I know.

So 500 like the early 2005/06 cars? W219 Chassis. You'd want to look out for airmatic failures, the air suspension is fairly costly to replace. Also those early cars with the 722 transmission had some valve body issues if I recall correctly, so want to see if that's been addressed. We had a similar year CLK500, that car was plagued with transmission and sensor issues. I don;t offhand know of any other poison pills with those cars.

If you are looking at a 10+ year old german car, get something with good service records and have a PPI done at a knowledgeable shop. If it's been well maintained it will treat you right, if it's been neglected and hacked run don't walk away.

Have had much better luck with 2011+ Benz cars than with prior years. Even under warranty much fewer issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

500/550 is what we’re looking at. Still trying to get a hang of all the models these German manufacturers have lol. BMW and Cadillac are options as well. Just looking for some type of luxury sedan for a weekend cruiser.

We were looking at C class as well 11-14 or maybe get the Mrs GLK suv w/Amg package & trade the boring Rav4 . I’ve talked to a few owners and they seem pretty happy with them .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 1quikgt View Post
    500/550 is what we’re looking at. Still trying to get a hang of all the models these German manufacturers have lol. BMW and Cadillac are options as well. Just looking for some type of luxury sedan for a weekend cruiser.
    CTSV
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Would love a CTS-V. Wife’s pregnant again which is the whole reason for the switch to 4 doors. Don’t know if I can stretch the budget far enough right now.

C-class are nice w/Amg package