Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  3

Thread: 2018 F150 towing mirrors

2018 F150 towing mirrors

our truck came with every option we wanted minus the towing mirrors

thinking its time to get some on there to help with trailer on the highway and when backing into lots.
    Ive uses clip on and snap on mirror extensions in the past and have not been super happy as they tend to vibrate making the all but useless when driving.

the power folding mirrors were an option. is there any chance that they are a plug and play upgrade from teh non towing style?

anyone used an aftermarket mirror that they liked?

thanks

I added aftermarket mirrors OEM look on the 08 . Took time to get used to them but now when I drive a pickup without them it seems like there’s a lot more blind spots . Bought off kijiji knockoffs , flood lamp didn’t work on one of them off the get go , he exchanged it but shortly afterwards the signal on one stopped working . A bit of an effort to install , if it was a newer truck I would prolly gone with a better quality. Overall they worked as designed minus electrical light glitch’s . They were power adjust .

Quote Originally Posted by Screw View Post
    I added aftermarket mirrors OEM look on the 08 . Took time to get used to them but now when I drive a pickup without them it seems like there’s a lot more blind spots . Bought off kijiji knockoffs , flood lamp didn’t work on one of them off the get go , he exchanged it but shortly afterwards the signal on one stopped working . A bit of an effort to install , if it was a newer truck I would prolly gone with a better quality. Overall they worked as designed minus electrical light glitch’s . They were power adjust .

Did they reuse the factory switches? I saw one aftermarket kit that looked pretty good but it didn’t uses the factory switches so you ha e to drill holes in he dash to mount the ones that came with it.

I should also mention it’s a lease so would need to be able to put back the factory ones without leaving any damage.

It was plug and play harness , not power folding just adjust , my existing had turn signals as well

that would work. do you recall the name of them?

part of me was hoping that ford used the same harness and controls on the towing mirrors as the standard and I can just bolt on an oem set and have everything work

Can’t see why not
    I have the boxes in the garage I’ll see if there’s a name on it

thanks

I googled the numbers on the brown boxes nothing came up , no mfgr name . All I can tell you is jr found them on kijiji

No worries. Thanks for checking.