Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Good News for Pickups and Trailers

Good News for Pickups and Trailers

MVIS Memo_Annual Inspections and Fee Increases_July 2019.jpg

Thought I would share some welcoming news I received today fro the MTO....
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

How will they fuck over those of us with enclosed car trailers now?
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    How will they fuck over those of us with enclosed car trailers now?
    I'm sure they will want to see if they are maintained - If you have an old sticker on a vehicle it might be wise to remove it as they may use that for a reason to pull over and make sure it is not a business - they could also check weights
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

Long overdue reg's were relaxed but of course support on road safety checks. Far too many have no clue how to properly load and tie down (vehicle should never be on the trailer backwards, enclosed or not) nor do they do any kind of ongoing / preventative maint.

^Agreed. I’m not sure how to feel about this, I mean a lot of us here know how to load trailers and do maintenance, etc...but tons of people are out there every day with no idea, just pulling whatever they can latch on the back of their minivan.
    It’s very scary to me to think of a load-laden vehicle rolling down the highway without being properly inspected every year. I have done plenty of annual safeties in my life, and I still do some but not nearly as many. But I’ve seen lots of stuff that should never be on the road, commercial or not.

Having a sticker has no bearing on peoples stupidity - I'm sure the MTO will still have roadside checks and inspections and enforcement - the rule for public is stupid and borderlines harassment - I can understand commercial use with vehicles that can log tens of thousand miles a year - I bet people received fines for things the didn't infringe on for example s circle check - then there's the fact of renting a cube van to move - for the public it was just a total lazy ass tax grab and harassment and an easy paycheck while 39 year old unmaintained transport trucks still roan the highways every day

Not to mention every other police force in Ontario started to jump on board to also jump in o the cash grab - suddenly all these dumb ass cops are mechanics something the rest of us go go school for with years of training - the government is phucked - I shouldn't complain because it supports my line of work but they are getting out of control when the real issue is old garbage trucks with 80,000 pounds in the box and inexperienced drivers - I better stop my blood pressure is on the rise lol
    Last edited by hammerhead; 07-20-2019 at 08:09 AM.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd