Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Fox body under hood insulation with STB/TFS intake?

Fox body under hood insulation with STB/TFS intake?

I was wondering if anybody has the stock hood liner with an aftermarket intake/STB? Mainly wanna know if it fits? I want to put one on to reduce noise/heat.. But don't want to waste the cash if it won't fit.
    Anybody got any insight for me on this?
    Thanks!

have all the above on mine, no issues.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Club Supporter
    Mine touched when I had the combo but I may have had a spacer in there at the time (with an Edelbrock Performer 5.0 intake). The STB was a 4-point so no problem with clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Mine touched when I had the combo but I may have had a spacer in there at the time (with an Edelbrock Performer 5.0 intake). The STB was a 4-point so no problem with clearance.
    I have a tfs track heat intake with a 1inch spacer, very similar setup as 1BAD92LX actually. When yours touched the insulation, did it cause any issues? Im sure it'll rub and maybe take scuff the paint on the intake maybe? but if thats its, im ok with that

Do you mean the fire suppression blanket?

Sorry I couldn't resist.

I do not have a spacer. Might want to grab a ball of play-doh and close the hood and see how much room you have.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 90GT View Post
    I have a tfs track heat intake with a 1inch spacer, very similar setup as 1BAD92LX actually. When yours touched the insulation, did it cause any issues? Im sure it'll rub and maybe take scuff the paint on the intake maybe? but if thats its, im ok with that
    Yes, it just scuffed the intake and had a little depression in the "fire suppression blanket" but didn't seem to affect the hood.