Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  11

Thread: Performance Pack 2 Wheel Fitment

Performance Pack 2 Wheel Fitment

Just curious if anyone knows if performance pack 1 wheels will fit on a PP2 car. Just curious if I’m going to sell the PP1 rims and snows I had on the Bullitt. I know that PP2 wheels won’t fit on a PP1 car. Thanks!
    "If your wife is having a good time and you're not,
    You're still having a better time than if you were having a good time, and she wasn't."

Shoot Fast Ed a pm.

Both PP1 and PP2 wheels fit all S550 performance pack cars. Should not have any issues at all as they both have the same Brembo brakes.
    FABMAN

I believe PP2 wheels have a different backspacing allowing them to track wider
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Yes Gary, as mentioned the PP1 and PP2 cars use the same brakes and basic suspension geometry (no difference in track widths like the GT350), so you would be good to go. And you could put PP2 wheels on a PP1 car, just need to add a bit of negative camber on the front.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    Yes Gary, as mentioned the PP1 and PP2 cars use the same brakes and basic suspension geometry (no difference in track widths like the GT350), so you would be good to go. And you could put PP2 wheels on a PP1 car, just need to add a bit of negative camber on the front.

cheers
    Ed
    I was under the impression that PP2 are 1" wider each - making them track 2"'s wider over the PP1 either with backspacing or wider wheel - is that not correct? I have the PP1 and you can see a definite difference in side wall gap between the wheel and the fender compared to the pp2 - If so maybe adding positive camber to the pp2 may be better...?
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

The PP2 wheels are definitely wider than PP1, but I think Gary's question is aimed at figuring out if the winter tires on PP1 wheels that he had for the Bullitt would fit on a PP2 car. The answer to that is yes. Main discrepancy is the tire height and width, PP1 and Bullitt have slightly wider / taller rears, PP2 is same width / height all around on staggered wheels.