Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Computer Question maybe questions...

Computer Question maybe questions...

Many of you may have seen my accident post with the s550 - driving for 40yrs and its my fist claim. I haven't heard from the insurance company yet and have no idea what to expect. I've had almost two days now to consider things on my end. I have a question maybe someone here can answer because I'm not to new car computer savvy.

It was obvious to me the car knew it was in an accident and tried to signal for help - the wipers came on the 4ways came on and it tried to call 911 but I wasn't synced. My question is:

If I decide not to put in a claim or release the car, would the computer system still work as normal or does it cancel out itself and demobilize the car from every operating again, without a new program?

Thanks
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Good question. I know sensors that control the airbags need resetting. Not sure about the car computer.

I did a quick google search for you. The vehicle has an inertia switch to shut down fuel flow to the engine. It is probably the issue. This video shows you where it is. Not great but hopefully helpful.