Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S197 door inserts...

S197 door inserts...

Well, after 13 years the glue holding the pleather door inserts on Ol Paint has let go. Has anyone else had this happen and what did you do to fix it?

Thanks

3M spray upholstery adhesive, CDN tire ,worked ok , taped it in place while it dried .

Quote Originally Posted by Screw View Post
    3M spray upholstery adhesive, CDN tire ,worked ok , taped it in place while it dried .
    Did you scrape off the old foam backing before apply the adhesive?

UPDATE: I misread this post. Too early for me lol. Yes 3M spray Contact spray adhesive works wonders and is readily available at Home Depot. I would recommend scraping the foam down and sanding down the door panel otherwise things will show through.

There are some threads on this topic over on the S197.com forum. Haven't been there in quite a while but seem to remember a good how to thread.

No I didn’t scrape maybe I should of , I just glued it back on , it came out ok not 100 %

If it's only a small area, I wonder if using a syringe with a bit of glue would work rather than pulling the whole thing off.

Club Supporter
    I have a mostly full can of the 3M adhesive if you want to take some for this. It will take me a long time to use it up and it doesn't sound like you need a full can anyway.

yllrgt
    Steve I have an issue of Muscle Mustangs that has a DIY with photos using replacement leather panels from Amer Muscle . I can drop it off with Gary and he can mail it to you if interested .

Definitely heat related , there’s a few threads on forums on insert kits , depends on how far you want to take it . The glue is a quick fix . Mine came a little wavey but it held ok