Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  26
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New York City businesses struggle after minimum wage increase

New York City businesses struggle after minimum wage increase

Say it ain't so...

More than six months after the $15 minimum wage went into effect in New York City, business leaders and owners say the increased labor costs have forced them to cut staff, eliminate work shifts and raise prices. Many business owners said these changes were unintended consequences of the new minimum wage, which took effect at the beginning of the year.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-...-wage-increase
    Member of the IDGAF+FU2 Community

Hell Bernie Sanders got called out for not paying his staff a 15 per hour wage. So he cut their hours to make it equal 15.

Now people who won the fight for 15 are saying it’s not enough and the want 17 to 20

Where have I heard this before.....

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Hell Bernie Sanders got called out for not paying his staff a 15 per hour wage. So he cut their hours to make it equal 15.

Now people who won the fight for 15 are saying it’s not enough and the want 17 to 20
    Yes and those that were making $15 - $20 already will want raises as well.
    Member of the IDGAF+FU2 Community

What do you expect when housing is overpriced? As usual the ceo gets cheap and fucks everyone over while swimming in a tub of gold.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

What ceo is this?

The law hurts small business people already getting the shaft and working for scraps in some cases.

If your talking the big box ceos then sure
    Multimillion dollar business but they did t get that way by spending wildly. It’s all about the bottom line.

But if you don’t like that mentality then don’t support them. Support small mom and pop shops. Buy local

All these multimillion dollar owners of big business that everyone hates are some of the biggest donors and members of the liberal parties.

I sure as hell don’t have A tub of gold. plain truth is the government makes far more in tax off my business than I do. Then I’m the bad guy when THEY force wages up.

Club Supporter
    Your business tax rate is higher than 50%?

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Your business tax rate is higher than 50%?
    The statement was " the government makes far more in tax off my business than I do"

I totally believe this. If you take, corporate tax, HST, employee tax deductions, health care tax, property tax, auto tax( renewal /sticker) and add them up....measure against what the company shows as a profit. And one would just cry.
    Just waiting for this crap to be over so we can travel again

Quote Originally Posted by Black Sheep View Post
    The statement was " the government makes far more in tax off my business than I do"

I totally believe this. If you take, corporate tax, HST, employee tax deductions, health care tax, property tax, auto tax( renewal /sticker) and add them up....measure against what the company shows as a profit. And one would just cry.
    Exactly we run around 15% markup depending on sale price

Out of that 15% I have to pay all the overhead, wages. Utility’s, insurance etc etc etc

The government makes 13% off everything I sell. Then takes tax if I make money and then takes tax off my wage.

We don’t get EI or mat leave.

If I pour everything into my business then hope to sell it to retire. I get taxed again.

But the government. Plays this hate game like all business owners are tax cheats.

And people with no clue continue to bash all business owners and then keep supporting the likes of Walmart etc.

Drives me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Exactly we run around 15% markup depending on sale price

Out of that 15% I have to pay all the overhead, wages. Utility’s, insurance etc etc etc

The government makes 13% off everything I sell. Then takes tax if I make money and then takes tax off my wage.

We don’t get EI or mat leave.

If I pour everything into my business then hope to sell it to retire. I get taxed again.

But the government. Plays this hate game like all business owners are tax cheats.

And people with no clue continue to bash all business owners and then keep supporting the likes of Walmart etc.

Drives me crazy.
    Just to clarify im targetting multimillion dollar businesses not mom and pop ones. And unfortunately, the large corporations / businesses fuck over the little workers. The ceo always has a giant goodbuy golden parachute when he leaves. Employees get some garbage little package...if at all.

Wages had to increase after 40+ years of stagnation. Also, businesses could mark up a bit to make up for losses. They had time to prepare for the hike. You cant expect minimum to stay at 8 dollars when houses are costing several millions and rent costs more than a regular mortgage.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk