Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  26
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New York City businesses struggle after minimum wage increase

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    Canada doesn't need low skill workers
    Disagree sort of

There are many local business that can’t find people willing to work. No skill required all training provided wages ranging from 15-18 an hour to start and they can’t find people who want to work

They are looking to migrant workers to fill the need

Even at our store we always have a hard time finding delivery guys. Need to be able to lift. Punctual and courteous to customers.

Most of the no skill Canadians that apply demand 25-30 an hour. It’s insane

So if someone is low skilled but willing to work and learn and gain skills. Then By all means go threw the proper channels and I welcome with open arms

Note that I said “threw the proper channels”

That doesn’t include just walking across the boarder. That means threw proper immigration protocols

stangstevers
    through...

English is stupid... threw (throwing), through is "thru" like drive-thru... I don't get why the language is more art than science.

^^^you sir are off topic!

...but since you brought it up, it only gets worse.
    Words spelled differently but pronounced the same is one thing. But words spelled the same pronounced differently...
    -Don____________

stangstevers

now how the hell do we manage with strangers.
    I typically avoid them LOL

I've given up caring about Grammar lol. more important things going on. I now look at it as not my issue but a failure on the part of the technical devices I use. we can make a rocket land itself but we cant make a phone pick the correct word for a sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    I've given up caring about Grammar lol. more important things going on. I now look at it as not my issue but a failure on the part of the technical devices I use. we can make a rocket land itself but we cant make a phone pick the correct word for a sentence.
    Given up caring about grammar, yet we expect immigrants to master the language.
    Technology blaming.
    "We cant make a phone pick the correct word for a sentence" ....taken out of context sounds absurd. A phone picking your words?

(disclaimer: the above is not meant to be anything more than a satirical observation of the above post)
    -Don____________

I never said anything about immigrants mastering the language. that's a tall order as posted above English Is stupid

I'm a shit at spelling always have been, ill be the first to admit it. but autocorrect can be pretty useless with its suggestions. I keep hearing about this Gramerly (?) program that is suppose to be much better but have not tried it yet.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    I never said anything about immigrants mastering the language. that's a tall order as posted above English Is stupid
    Not if the leader of a fringe political party cannot even master it.

Club Supporter
    are you claiming you can't understand english with a french canadian accent?

why not go after his appearance too. Certainly don't debate merit.
    Apparently some (other thread) cannot understand him given his difficulty with english.