Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 2014 Brake bleeding

2014 Brake bleeding

Just wondering if they're are any tips you guys could give for a brake bleed job on a V6

Because the clutch and brake share the same resevior will bleeding the calipers also affect my clutch?

Or is there any easier way that I'm not aware of?

I'm asking because the pedal has become somewhere spongy, not a lot. But enough for me to notice.

Any help would be great!

If air has entered the system it’s because there’s a leak, or because you’ve boiled the fluid badly by abusing the brakes- the system should never need bleeding from normal use.
    If you have a spongy pedal do a brake inspection, I’d bet you have a seized caliper pin or two.

Many times, soft / spongy pedal is the result of pads sticky or jammed. Start with full caliper slide service n see what you end up with.

Okay I'll try and do that
    One thing I was concerned about was that I had the dealership replace the clutch flywheel and stuff.and I think they did a piss poor job of bleeding thr system. So I'm pretty sure there's still some air somewhere in the system.

With engine off, at a steady speed, cycle clutch pedal approx 150-200+ times, will clear any air.

I've bled the brakes on my 2014 V6 - nothing special. Despite never being tracked there were some air bubbles at the calipers that came out.

bleeding them can't hurt - gives you an opportunity to check them - i bleed the brakes for a friend once (not a mustang) that suddenly went soft - before I bleed them i checked the brakes and the front had recently been done. Everything checked out so i decided to just bleed the back brakes - i was amazed because the fluid at the rear callipers was black - i bleed them until the fluid came out clear they worked fine afterwards - this was in the winter so think the fluid had broke down and jelled and went black (never seen that before) - if the fluid at your callipers is old maybe the heat of the day is breaking it down - just remember to add fluid as you go and bleed the caliber furthest from the master cylinder first...also check for leaks you just never know.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Okay, I'll def check that out too when I get around to it.

Jist for clarification, I'm getting my helper to pump the brake 3 times and hold, with the car off yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Joronto View Post
    Okay, I'll def check that out too when I get around to it.

Jist for clarification, I'm getting my helper to pump the brake 3 times and hold, with the car off yes?
    have your friend slowly push the brake pedal down with the bleeder open - when the pedal bottoms out close the bleeder then release the pedal, repeat in this manner until the air or bad fluid is out - don't pump with the bleeder open, pumping the brakes in this manner can draw air back in. engine off add fluid to the master as you go
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works