Hi people. So my check engine light came on on my 2019 GT. Dealer ran the codes and told me it’s the fuel tank pressure sensor. They claim that the application of Krown rust preventative has gummed up the sensor. $800 to replace it. “Sorry, no warranty on it because the Krown stuff damaged the sensor”. When I bought the car 4 months ago the finance guy asked if I wanted their rust proofing and I declined, stating I will be going to Krown. The guy said “no problem, that’s fine.”

The service advisor asked which Krown location I went to, because “Krown knows not to spray in the area of the sensor as it is a known issue and Ford has seen this before.” I told him which location it was and that I would never use Krown again. He said, “oh no, Krown is good. Keep using it but go to xxxxx location instead as they know, and this is where we send our customers.” He even went further to tell me he has had is own car sprayed there for 6 years running with no issue.

So the finance guy and the service advisor both advocate using Krown, but then when the sensor fails they wash their hands of it. WTF? How can they tell me to keep using it. And when another sensor fails they will play the same card?

I have called Ford Canada and they won’t do anything for me. That person even apologized for the dealers poor handling of it from day one and that they should not have said it’s fine to use, and now to even suggest I go to a different Krown location. But sorry, no. We won’t cover it under warranty.

I’m waiting to hear back from the Krown corporate office but I’m sure I know what they will say.

I told Ford that I can not accept that two of their staff knew I would use Krown and in fact did say, and continue to say that Krown is fine to use but then will not honour a warranty claim when the sensor fails because of the application of the product. That’s like...here, drop this rock on your hood, it’s fine! Oh, did it damage the paint? Sorry, your on your own. I mean really?

I am simply gutted. Has anyone heard of this issue before? I’m really pissed off about this and I don’t know what to do.

Not sure if this is in the correct forum, please feel free to move it if needed