Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  29
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fuel tank pressure sensor troubles, warranty refused by Ford dealer

^^that sucks I almost had them replace my weather stripping but I let it slide .

Quote Originally Posted by F1Fan View Post
    CE light came on again. I guess it’s not going to dry out like Ford suggested it might. And I find out that Ford USA has the sensor on back order, 2-3 weeks....maybe!
    Called Krown head office today. Doesn’t look good from that end either. I guess no one has the balls to stand behind their product anymore. This world is going to hell.
    Actually might be more prone to drying out when the weather gets cooler and the Krown slows down creeping.

F1Fan
    So today I saw that the check engine light went off again. I don’t know what to make of this. Is it trying to “dry out” and function normally again, or is it just going to work, not work, work, not work, until I get sick of it and pay up for a new one.
    I think I’ll wait until the back ordered sensor comes in, and if the light is still out, let Ford check it out manually if at all possible.

Off topic,but why is a fuel tank pressure sensor needed?

I haven't heard of a sensor like that.

F1Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by LX89 View Post
    Off topic,but why is a fuel tank pressure sensor needed?

I haven't heard of a sensor like that.
    It’s there to monitor how much Krown rust prevention product is or ISN’T sprayed on your car. It’s also known as a FFSSG, or “faulty Ford sensor scape goat”

Part of the EVAP system. Other mfgs see same issue from either vehicle oil or accumulation of crud from use on dusty roads.

F1Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Part of the EVAP system. Other mfgs see same issue from either vehicle oil or accumulation of crud from use on dusty roads.
    Interesting point ZR, and one I put forward to the service advisor. Who says I didn’t drive over something which splashed up onto the bottom of my car? I’ve seen the car up on a hoist three times now and even have my own picture of the sensor. It looks and did look, dry as the proverbial bone.
    I’m going to fumble around and see if I can put the picture up here.

7852693E-15CC-46FF-86A5-5772ED2A4C0B.jpeg

From what can be seen in the pic, little to no oil in that area.

F1Fan
    Right? The whole area looks dry even this area......

C1CE78FC-CF13-41BD-BD9A-D025B149A4C9.jpeg

Application of Krown looks pretty poor but that should be your saving grace with Ford re: sensor damaged.