A few weeks back the mustang overheated on the highway. Had the cruise control on at 140 with the A/C blowing in my face, having a nice drive.. when the A/C got hot. WTF!? Played with the knobs, then checked the gauges and I instantly put it in neutral. The Temperature gauge was in the red. While gliding to a safer spot to pull over in the express, the engine shut down.

While waiting an 1 hour for a tow, the Engine cooled. I started her and she turned over with no issues. But I'm not gonna risk it so I waited for the tow.

Got her home and after she cooled down, I checked and there was no coolant in the reservoir. Shit FUCk!

I had a similar experience with my dads old van I was using for a few weeks. He forgot to tell me he has a coolant leak and it was bone dry and I cracked the block!

Anyhoo the mustang was short aboot 6L... Where did it go? I noticed no leaks.

I check the oil for mixing. I need an oil change but the oil looks normal. it's dark golden, but not milky.
The coolant is not rusty or oily and The fan is running??

so I go test it out with torque running and on the highway I'm running 88C but idling it hits 95-102C

Is this normal running temperature?