Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Lift bags.

Air Lift bags.

After nothing but excellent hassle free service from the Air Lift kits I'd installed in my previous two trucks, opted for Air Lift 1000 bags when I got the Ram two years ago. While a bitch to slide into the springs, worked well n did exactly what I was expecting. Fast forward to late last winter, slow leak started in one bag (individual fill so easy to monitor which one) which progressed into holds air for a few minutes only, basically useless now (cracks in bag itself). Good news, called Air Lift n told no problem they have a lifetime warranty, hell yes. Downside, need to somehow remove the bag "without damaging it", ship back to them on my dime, wait for them to inspect, if ok'd pay for shipping back. If you do the math against a new single bag (even with your labor being free), that basically translates into your on your own.

So here we are, carry enough wt from time to time need some sort of a solution. Looked into other kits that use full size bags and mount where the factory air ride sits, reviews are all over the map as to how much ride quality you do or do not loose. It seems most of the heavier bags have a built in jounce bumper which requires you keep enough air in the bags which in turns holds the rear even higher when unloaded, not what I'm looking for. Could not get a clear answer from peeps at either Air Lift or couple other mfgs I called so discarded that idea. One commented to me I'm being unrealistic, chirped back to em, external bag sets ups on previous trucks had all of the plus's with no downside what so ever. So long story short, looks like next best option is trying a set of Air Lifts new 1000HD and see how they pan out long term. Lou from Barone's was good enough to order me up a set, will be installing and reviewing both short n long term.

Look for to hearing your feedback on them.

While a hair disappointed warranty can't be done through a dealer, accept everything comes at a cost, chalked it up to what it adds to the $ of moving my car, sleds n stuff around. Upside, HD version is said to have a little over twice the wt carrying capability, at a tic under $250 tax in for the kit, no so bad plus have a connection for the install.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    So long story short, looks like next best option is trying a set of Air Lifts new 1000HD and see how they pan out
    Those are the ones we installed in my brother's Ram. He is very happy with them.
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

How long ago?

It was last spring...around April- May. He used them a few times to haul is 32 foot camper.
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!

Interested to see how they stand up long term.
    Except for what I consider short service life, the standard kit performed well.

Yes, especially with our frigid winters. Those HD units were a pain to insert into the coils!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!

I have the airlift 1000hd on my truck,
    Dirverside for some reason always had a slow leak , even got a new bag under warranty the new one still leaked. Switched with the passenger side driverside still leaked but the passenger didn't.
    Any bag I put on the driverside leaked.
    Even disconnected the lines and had the air fill right on the bag it still slowly leaked.

Finally gave up, they are still on the truck, haven't looked at them in almost 2 yrs

Funny thing is a buddy of mine had the same issues when he had them on his GMC truck

-Usawit2