Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for help/info on shipping a fox across the border that isn't $$$$

Looking for help/info on shipping a fox across the border that isn't $$$$

Hey everyone, just joined up here, i was an old member of gtamc but stopped posting as i sold my last fox years ago but now its stang shop and looks to be pretty dead.

Was looking for some help or info on the best cost efficient way of getting a car across the us border. Its 1400km away, not driveable currently or else i would just drive myself.

I contacted the big 3 moving companies (mvl, lhf, fidelity) and cheapest was 3100 CAD. Which is too expensive for the distance i feel. Im just checking to see if anyone here has a better hookup for shipping or knowledge on how to make this cheaper. Maybe shipping to a border and then i get a truck and dolley and pick it up at the border or something. I don't know. I'm open to anything cheaper than 3100

Hope i can get some help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nate_V8 View Post
    Hey everyone, just joined up here, i was an old member of gtamc but stopped posting as i sold my last fox years ago but now its stang shop and looks to be pretty dead.

Was looking for some help or info on the best cost efficient way of getting a car across the us border. Its 1400km away, not driveable currently or else i would just drive myself.

I contacted the big 3 moving companies (mvl, lhf, fidelity) and cheapest was 3100 CAD. Which is too expensive for the distance i feel. Im just checking to see if anyone here has a better hookup for shipping or knowledge on how to make this cheaper. Maybe shipping to a border and then i get a truck and dolley and pick it up at the border or something. I don't know. I'm open to anything cheaper than 3100

Hope i can get some help

Thanks

Lou at Barone may have some good advice - club sponsor here - there's also a car hauler out of TO called TFX International they go back and forth over the border mainly hauling cars...

Oh and welcome...lol
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Rent U Haul truck n car trailer n bring back yourself.

Welcome, I remember your user name from the other board.
    As Hammer said, try TFX International. I used them to ship a car and extra parts form Indiana to Toronto 10 years ago and cost was almost a 3rd of what you got quoted.

Wow that is a good price. I will try them and see what they say.

Well Renting a u haul truck and trailer one way is $1400 CAD plus the $280 flight, gas...etc and border stuff. It is cheaper and possibly an option but I don't have the time frame to drive there and back. I can fly down drive back at best for time frame. driving a u haul there would be more money in gas than a flight down.

I just looked up the distance from indiana to toronto and it is half the distance of my quote but even if the prices doubles, 2/3 the price of 3100 it is worth considering as it saves me time and unexpected headaches and they deal with all the border fees. Waiting for a quote now from TFX

Was that $3100 inclusive of handling RIV and Import paperwork or purely shipping? I paid $750 in brokerage recently to import a truck just to have the broker do the new documentation that's needed on both sides of border plus pre-clear it for RIV. Also if vehicle is inoperative that's usually a pretty big up-charge as well since it adds a bunch of time to the drivers day that they can be on road having to winch a car on and off.

Other option is have them bring it across and clear customs then pick it up at a port of entry (Windsor/Sarnia) then rent a uhaul combo one way from that destination to bring it home.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Buddy of mine used Hansen’s and was pretty happy with their pricing. You could also try uship.com, I just did a quick rough quote there and it was under $900, here’s the link https://www.uship.com/ship/vehicles/...7J4LYzGygK4vjr

I have to wait until next week for tfx to get back to me, I'll try pricing to just over the border.

Yes the 3100 CAD quote was everything handled at the border. MVS didn't care if it was running or not where as another company dropped a full 1000USD of the shipping quote if it was running and driveable but was still too expensive running or not. Maybe I'll try shipping to toronto to a friend and then I'll figure it out from there. If I can get it to my door for 2000~ CAD all in I'd be happy.

I'll take a look at Uship