Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for help/info on shipping a fox across the border that isn't $$$$

TFX is the winner, just need to talk to the owner now.

Thanks for the help! Hopefully I'll be the owner of a BAB 85 GT soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate_V8 View Post
    TFX is the winner, just need to talk to the owner now.

Thanks for the help! Hopefully I'll be the owner of a BAB 85 GT soon.
    You buying EscoGTs car?
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    You buying EscoGTs car?
    I don't know, found it on fb marketplace, no handles on there that I saw, what forum are you talking about?

Four Eyed Pride

if its 15 years or older its only a 150$ to import the car in.

Four Eyed Pride
    Nope, not the same car, as far as I know he isn't part of FEP
    Last edited by Nate_V8; 09-04-2019 at 03:06 PM.

JOHN 86GT
    Hi

I will be moving to the Ottawa area from the states .

Right now my car has zero emissions equipment on it . I was hoping to possibly do a coyote swap with converters etc before the move .. but do to funds that won't happen right now .

If I were to import it and it was not in running condition.. , how long would I have to get it registered ? Does that change anything vers having a running car ?

The car has a 331 with hellion turbo kit custom cam etc. I had emailed DaSilva Racing about it and he said " just bring it" but I think if I tried to drive it across the border, . I'd have a problem . ( and maybe fewer days to get it registered ? )

Also even though I have been bending the rules running without cats etc for 24 years , I plan on running cats in the future .

Thanks for any help !

Ontario repealed the drive clean last year. You're vehicle wouldn't be subject to an emissions test in order to be registered. You could however run in to issues with roadside inspection if you have removed factory emissions equipment but it shouldn't hinder you from importing and registering.

JOHN 86GT
    Ontario repealed the drive clean last year. You're vehicle wouldn't be subject to an emissions test in order to be registered. You could however run in to issues with roadside inspection if you have removed factory emissions equipment but it shouldn't hinder you from importing and registering.
    If I had it imported , do you know if there is a set amount of time to get it registered or could it sit in storage until funds allow it to be emissions friendly ? Or do you know who to contact to find out .

If I tried to run current engine combination , how strict are they on visual inspections ?

If I installed a converter it would only have one ( single turbo / single exhaust )

The pro m efi doesn’t use a EGR valve so would have to get a different intake but EGR would only be for show .

I’d have to install a smog pump .

The wastegate go’s to atmosphere, would be hard to run back to exhaust with the stock k member.

Thanks !

How strict is who? None of those things you mentioned would likely inhibit the import process, however not getting tickets from MOE on the road are another story. You'd have to contact the Ministry of Environment to confirm but my understanding is you have to have the level of emissions equipment that was oem. If you had 1 cat stock you only need one, if you had 2 need 2. If you had an EGR valve stock you need EGR. As per strictness its officers discretion really but if your setup looks hog ass wild they will likely dig and for any missing equipment there's a fine.

You have 45 days from day it crosses border to complete import process. For a vehicle over 15 years old that's literally just pay import fees at border, get your forms, go get a provincial safety inspection, bring it all to MTO aka the DMV and register.