Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery Change HELP!

Battery Change HELP!

My son-in-law’s daily driven 05 GT needs a new battery. When he tried to change it, the long hold down stud shaft snapped. Now he has a stub of a stud sticking out above the plastic anchor that secures the front of the battery. Not sure what to suggest to him he has tried the obvious as channel locks on the shaft with no joy. I thought of removing the tire well rear plastic panel, but as a I recall you only can see the bolts that hold the battery tray not the battery hold down stud itself. But I could be wrong.

Suggestions would be welcome?

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

Battery tray unbolts / removes from the car easily to get at it better.

Good suggestion Rick, thanks!

I will have to remove the rear inner plastic shield to take a look. I just found an old picture when doing the air lift install on my car. In this picture my battery had already been relocated to the trunk. Will have to look on Ryan's car to see if this plate and the two bolts are the only ones that secure the battery tray.

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

If all else fails read the manual. Exploded view of the battery tray shows three bolts and they look to be accessible (to be cut off at least from the tire well) Two are clearly visible in the picture, the third is just above the ground wire.

Pop tray out takes only a moment or two, pretty sure it has three that secure tray to the car, hold down is on the tray itself.

I can verify that the battery tray is easy to get out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Nick, BTW the battery tray is easy to get out only when the battery is NOT on top of it! lol

Done, cutting from the tire well did the trick!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Done, cutting from the tire well did the trick!
    its never simple when modern cars age...nice work!
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    its never simple when modern cars age...nice work!
    He got it Gerry but a daily driver 05 comes with plenty of challenges. Next opportunity somehow the thermostat housing broke during maintenance.