Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coyote Swap - Tranny Question

Also, do I need to swap the tranny crossmember?

Be very sure about embarking on a coyote swap. The T5 will definitely not last, and all the ancillary parts add up very quickly. There really isn’t a “cheap” coyote swap. However it is less expensive without air conditioning or power steering but in all honesty it’s likely to just buy a 11-14 5.0 or just build a nice stroker SBF in your fox.

I say this as a buddy of mine did a swap in his 96GT and it’s got very, very expensive.
    FABMAN

Quote Originally Posted by FABMAN View Post
    Be very sure about embarking on a coyote swap. The T5 will definitely not last, and all the ancillary parts add up very quickly. There really isn’t a “cheap” coyote swap. However it is less expensive without air conditioning or power steering but in all honesty it’s likely to just buy a 11-14 5.0 or just build a nice stroker SBF in your fox.

I say this as a buddy of mine did a swap in his 96GT and it’s got very, very expensive.
    Second that. Cheaper if you can get a totalled 2011 or up gt and swap all the parts yourself. If paying someone then its gonna cost $$$. Buying a 2011 or up is a better option...BUT if the car is sentimental and the body style is what you want, then who cares how much it costs. I would go all out and get a T56 or magnum XL 6 speed to mate with the coyote and junk the T5. Its a weak transmission just like the T45. The T45 has very weak syncros if its power shifted and wont last long. T56 all the way !

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

If you go with a T5 or T45 then I would recommend getting a set of headers that allow you to remove the transmission and bellhousing without removing a header, it will be worth the extra cost when it comes time to replace the trans or clutch.

What are you planning on using for a control pack; Ford Racing or a modified factory coyote harness and computer? There is a guy in the USA that modifies coyote computers and harnesses to work in the swap that can save you quite a few bucks.

Ford racing sells a coyote and 6r80 combo kit......you'd have a weapon at the strip.
    '21 F150 Screw 4x4 FX4 3.5 Powerboost (Iconic Silver)
    '21 Explorer ST (Atlas Blue)
    '19 Mustang Bullitt (Dark Hyland Green) Vortech Supercharged
    '11 Mustang GT 5.0L (Race Red) 8.92 @ 154 mph

I have figured out most of my direction with the swap, I am sure there will be unexpected expenses but I will give my real world numbers in regards to cost closer to when I am finished.
    The t5 will be used for now, lots of people use it and like I said earlier, it's been backing 400rwhp for 10 years with no issue. I don't race the car, it's purely for street. It will have AC, power brakes and steering.
    I've already sourced quite a few parts.

Wishing you the best with the swap. You already have a beautiful ride and it will be even better with a coyote. Look forward to the build thread.
    FABMAN

Thanks! I will keep everyone in the loop!

Any updates on this? Interested to know your part selections as I had a coyote swap planned on paper with part #’s and cost etc.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

LOL....so big update....parted the car out and bought an 07 GT500

- - - Updated - - -

However, knowing that had some of the required suspension and brake mods already.....this swap is an easy 16K +++++