Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's up with all the vaping news lately? Seeing reports of popcorn lung, death, etc

Club Supporter

What's up with all the vaping news lately? Seeing reports of popcorn lung, death, etc

‘It is time to stop vaping’: Kansas reports sixth U.S. death linked to mysterious respiratory illness

A Kansas resident was the sixth person to die in the United States of a mysterious respiratory illness related to vaping, state officials said on Tuesday, as public health officials scrambled to understand a nationwide health problem.

“It is time to stop vaping,” Kansas State Health Officer Dr. Lee Norman said in a statement. “If you or a loved one is vaping, please stop.”

U.S. public health officials are investigating 450 cases of vaping-related lung illness across 33 states and one U.S. territory. The nationwide investigation led by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has not linked the illnesses to any specific e-cigarette product.

Many of the reported illnesses involved vaping products, including cannabis products, containing vitamin E acetate, an oil derived from vitamin E that can be dangerous if inhaled. The vaping industry has blamed the surge in the contagion on black market products, but health officials have yet to rule out any vaping devices as a potential cause.

“We agree with the FDA – if you don’t want to die or end up in a hospital, stop vaping illegal THC oils immediately,” said a spokesman from the American Vaping Association. “If you’re an adult smoker or ex-smoker who vapes store-bought nicotine products, don’t listen to the activists who would rather you inhale deadly smoke than vape.”

Symptoms among the reported cases included shortness of breath, fever, cough and vomiting. Additional indicators have included headache, dizziness and chest pain.

To date, Kansas has six cases associated with the outbreak. Health officials disclosed that the individual who died was over the age of 50 and had a history of underlying health issues, according to the statement. No other information was provided to protect patient confidentiality.

“Our sympathies go out to the family of the person who died,” Governor Laura Kelly said in the statement. “I urge Kansans to be careful. Don’t put yourself in harm’s way, and please follow the recommendations of public health officials.”

The American Medical Association on Monday urged Americans to stop using electronic cigarettes of any sort until scientists have a better handle on the illnesses.

Mustang Occasionally
    Big tobacco!

Club Supporter
    Now you're getting into conspiracies!

Mustang Occasionally
    Shhhhhhh. Quiet. They’re listening.

I called this years ago. anything you pull into your lungs has potential to be bad.
    smoke is one thing, moisty sticky goo is another.

as long as people are aware of the risks and can make educated decisions. that's what is important

Went down a rabbit hole looking into what e-juice is made of. Main component is Propylene Glycol.
    further down the rabbit hole .....same stuff used to make choo-choo's smoke

-Don____________

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    ^^ no wonder the vape smoke looks like that lol- and a lot of it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    I called this years ago. anything you pull into your lungs has potential to be bad.
    smoke is one thing, moisty sticky goo is another.

as long as people are aware of the risks and can make educated decisions. that's what is important
    Anything you stick into you lungs is not going to benefit your lungs,it not going make them stronger or last longer,
    only shorten there functionality.

I've read that it has more to do with the Vitamin E they are cutting the THC oil with cauusing the problems.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!