Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  127
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Track day thoughts...

Dammn. I went into my office today at 6:45 AM, to write out what needs to be done for today, so that my people could handle it. By the time I looked up from my desk, between missed supplier deliveries, questions from 4 different crews, a call from the building inspector, a short but loud fight with my son, an shorter social call from my best friend, two separate purchase orders and signing a couple of cheques, it was 9:30! By the time i gathered up my helmet, odds and ends and some food, plus wiping off the car and gassing up, it would have been at least noon before making it to the track. And I so wanted to show you guys how much better the Jag is than my old Mustang. Ah well. Maybe next spring.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

How's the weather for those that are there, I was discouraged after the cold wet spring day in the rain but in Mississauga it's cleared up and around 17 degrees.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mustang Occasionally
    It’s fine now. Track is dry. Overcast day.

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    How's the weather for those that are there, I was discouraged after the cold wet spring day in the rain but in Mississauga it's cleared up and around 17 degrees.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    U missed out buddy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Track day thoughts...

Good day today. Thanks Joe and everyone! Slo turd was in a class all by itself- Super Slow
    There’s a red Cobra- pure awesomeness during ride along! Driver ain’t too bad either, now that’s pretty damn fast brother!!
    Thanks for the ride along

Short quick phone vid

https://youtu.be/NnZkW3t7AvY

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,

Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    Good day today. Thanks Joe and everyone! Slo turd was in a class all by itself- Super Slow
    There’s a red Cobra- pure awesomeness during ride along! Driver ain’t too bad either, now that’s pretty damn fast brother!!
    Thanks for the ride along

Short quick phone vid

https://youtu.be/NnZkW3t7AvY

planning for spring - may come with two cars and my son - one bow-tie one fox for an 80's showdown...
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    planning for spring - may come with two cars and my son - one bow-tie one fox for an 80's showdown...
    Yes! Sounds good, missed u out there bud!

Mustang Occasionally
    Great day!

I conveniently showed up just as the track dried out.

Drove my car hard and it did not disappoint. Such a great all around ride. It impresses me more and more every track day.

Thanks to Dasilva and TMC for hosting again.

Awesome day at the track, thanks to DaSilva and tmc for giving us the opportunity for the track day, track was really wet in the morning and was outrite scary, luckily the rain stopped just before lunch and the track begain to dry out, after lunch we has a really grippy track given the rain we had.

Shout to the new people that had never been on a track before progress so quickly.

All and all another great day with a new personal best lap time time of 1.24.83 on at track that was undriveable in the morning .

Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    I conveniently showed up just as the track dried out.
    Yes. Very convenient. It was the rest of us that dried the track out before you got there. Well ....that and the 80kph winds, LOL.

Turned out to be a great day! Was a bit worried driving through the rain around Milton/Mississauga, and the continued drizzle the rest of the way to the track, but once Armen arrived track conditions improved and had a great time. Car did great, was finally able to push the new springs, tires, and brakes.

Huge thanks again to DaSilva Racing for hosting this great event, and TMC crew for running it so smoothly.
    -Don____________