Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  127
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Track day thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    Well, it’s your car. Look at the wheels.
    It's am impostor. I would never slide out like that!!!
    Just over enthusiastic. I guess my skills haven't been used in so long they went rusty
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

^ That can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    Dammn. I went into my office today at 6:45 AM, to write out what needs to be done for today, so that my people could handle it. By the time I looked up from my desk, between missed supplier deliveries, questions from 4 different crews, a call from the building inspector, a short but loud fight with my son, an shorter social call from my best friend, two separate purchase orders and signing a couple of cheques, it was 9:30! By the time i gathered up my helmet, odds and ends and some food, plus wiping off the car and gassing up, it would have been at least noon before making it to the track. And I so wanted to show you guys how much better the Jag is than my old Mustang. Ah well. Maybe next spring.
    Amazing how you can make an event, that you did not attend, all about yourself. You are absolutely the most self centred braggart in the history of the internet...

Just as they say on YouTube, don't forget to hit the like button...

I am envious of you though. If I had an 18 inch penis, I'd spend all my time blowing my own horn too...

Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD92LX View Post
    An afternoon like yesterday makes the 950km round trip so worth it. Only had 2 holy shit moments and corded one tire. (huge rear end drift exiting turn 1 chasing the Focus RS and F1 style brake lock up into turn 1 while being chased by my Dad) Good day in my books.
    Hopefully we can get more people out to these events to keep them going
    really cool you guys come all that way - hope to meet you guys next year - just out of curiosity: is there any road course tracks in your neck of the woods?
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

I grew up in Hamilton and lived until ten years ago. My parents are still there and I stay there over night when I drive down the day before track day. There is F all for road course tracks up here. There was talk of some sort of complex being built in Sudbury but only drag, go kart and motor cross type stuff. Calabogie in Ottawa looks awesome but is major $$. Grand bend road course looks cool but is a pain for me to get to, and no hotel parents house lol.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Jack Raccoon, why is it that you hate me so much? My post was not "all about me". It was a genuine lament that I couldn't go to the event. I was simply telling a story. In the past, I have been told by many people that my "stories" are entertaining and in another life I should have been a writer.
    From now on I will not post anything again that makes even remote mention of my life and history. Will that satisfy you?
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD92LX View Post
    I grew up in Hamilton and lived until ten years ago. My parents are still there and I stay there over night when I drive down the day before track day. There is F all for road course tracks up here. There was talk of some sort of complex being built in Sudbury but only drag, go kart and motor cross type stuff. Calabogie in Ottawa looks awesome but is major $$. Grand bend road course looks cool but is a pain for me to get to, and no hotel parents house lol.
    Calabogie is very fun to drive, but the only lower cost stuff they have (that I'm aware of) are some evening lapping events which of course wouldn't make sense for you or anyone from the GTA with the travel distance involved. Besides, you need most of a day to figure out it anyway ... 20 corners over 5.0 km! It has a great flow with a nice mix of slower and quicker corners along with some elevation changes to make it very interesting.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    Jack Raccoon, why is it that you hate me so much? My post was not "all about me". It was a genuine lament that I couldn't go to the event. I was simply telling a story. In the past, I have been told by many people that my "stories" are entertaining and in another life I should have been a writer.
    From now on I will not post anything again that makes even remote mention of my life and history. Will that satisfy you?
    Critics are a necessary evil - the best criticism is honest criticism - take it with a grain of salt or celebrate it and learn from it, but never stop doing what you like because of it....
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works