Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  62
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking at a 2016 GT from a dealer. New to dealer scene, how much do I haggle?

Looking at a 2016 GT from a dealer. New to dealer scene, how much do I haggle?

So tomorrow night I'm going to check a 2016 mustang GT, I think it's a PP as I saw the brake calipers and 19" rims with 255s up front from the pictures. How much can I haggle? Can I haggle on a car that new? it has 44k km.

Anything I should be checking? I'm going to be financing a chunk of it also. it's not a big name dealer ship, automobile direct its called.

Any help would be appreciated. I know there are a few dealer savy people here

Thanks

For the difference in price I would look at new vs. used and the fact that Ford Employee Pricing is on until September 30th. The interest rate on new (I think) is 0.9% vs. say 6.9% on used. 2019 PP cars can be had for 37K.
    Member of the IDGAF+FU2 Community

Quote Originally Posted by Chinga View Post
    For the difference in price I would look at new vs. used and the fact that Ford Employee Pricing is on until September 30th. The interest rate on new (I think) is 0.9% vs. say 6.9% on used. 2019 PP cars can be had for 37K.
    I aggree
    2024 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red - Performance Package - Nite Pony Package - Active Exhaust - Recaro Seats - Magneride
    2023 Ford F150 XLT - Agate Black - Powerboost - Black Appearance Package - Black Rhino Atlas Wheels (18X9) - BF Goodrich K02 (275,70,R18)

What they said^^^

I Kinda agree here with the others - Chinga hit o the head - it pays to look at new and used sometimes the used are the same price as new or close, gotta watch for that - if I could add one more thing, sometimes putting money down doesn't effect the monthly payment much unless you put down a substantial amount, also if you decide to by new there will be a push to upsell from the finance advisor so be prepared for that - they will try to sell you all kinds of warrenty etc. - best thing is to have a monthly payment in mind your comfortable with and stick to your guns... good luck man!!!
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Well a new GT is not in the budget, I mean other than the word new on it, the changes from the 2016 to the 2019 aren't worth an extra 15k to me. Sorry guys, just not interested in new for the price. This is why I asked what I did in my original post

Quote Originally Posted by Nate_V8 View Post
    Well a new GT is not in the budget, I mean other than the word new on it, the changes from the 2016 to the 2019 aren't worth an extra 15k to me. Sorry guys, just not interested in new for the price. This is why I asked what I did in my original post
    What is the asking price...? 2019 GT's at Heritage Ford starting at around 35,000.00 most 2016 I see aren't far off that?
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

28k before haggle lol. it has the power package and few extra options.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate_V8 View Post
    28k before haggle lol. it has the power package and few extra options.
    i'm not much of a haggler - if I could give one bit of advice find out if it was in an accident and how much it was to repair this could have a bearing on finance as well if the repair exceeded x amount of dollars - good luck buddy don't rush there's lots around don't rush...
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

Mustang Occasionally
    Do you have a link to the car?

Edit... Is this it? https://www.automobileendirect.com/u...mpaign=organic

This is a base 300a car. It has no Performance Package. It also has no drive mode selector toggles. Cloth interior and the small 4" reverse camera screen (no nav).

This car is as base as they come. The wheels are aftermarket.

By comparison, here's a 2016 GT Premium with leather, nav and the Performance Pack for $31,995. The base car you're looking at is $28,999. A $3000 difference... So for $3000 you're getting a better suspension, Brembo 6 Piston brakes, leather, nav, drive modes, interior colour change lighting, etc... I know which I'd be choosing. This black GT Premium also has 9K less km's on the odo.

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/ford/mus...204R9&sprx=100
    Last edited by Armen; 09-13-2019 at 12:34 PM.