Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ship Carrying ‘Climate Change Warriors’ Concerned About Melting Arctic Ice Gets Stuck

stangstevers
    I don't need to get upset at things I have no control over. All I can do is teach my child to not be a brainwashed retard and I can't wait for fun parent/teacher interviews. I'm surprised I'm not on CP24 yet because my kid knows most teachers are leftist brainwashers lol.

Like, Fuck.

First off I'm not a climate change denier, I wholeheartedly believe we're straight fucking this planet up from a climate standpoint. That said I tend to disagree with A LOT of the people who are trying to solve the problem with EV's and paper straws. I think stricter corporate governance related to pollution emitted from the manufacturing and transport of consumer goods would be a huge start.

So I feel like the UN Summit and trying to establish a framework for governance and road map to managing if not reverse emissions is highly important. So when I saw this girl become the star of the show so to speak I had a few thoughts. Firstly while I think it's great to see younger generations taking change seriously when a 16 year old accuses the world leaders of "stealing her youth" Im torn between going "wow this is much passion and a serious drive towards change and good for her" and "holy fuck your parents either dumping this much climate change weight on you or allowing you to consume that much information regarding the matter is both super unfair and shit parenting".

Overall I was cool with it because any attention on the issue that brings impassioned change is generally good.

Then I read this on a few news sites

Though the Thunberg family has a noted emphasis on theatre, they’re all as environmentally minded as Thunberg herself is. Svante, Beata, Malena and Greta co-wrote a book, titled Our House Is On Fire: Scenes of a Family and a Planet in Crisis. The book’s expected release date is March, 2020
    and now can't help but feel like the girls being played as a pawn and it really pisses me off because this is what's going to be dissected instead of policies resulting in real change.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

biggest thing we as mankind can do to help with climate change is to plant trees. no one is talking about that though.

Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    Isn't she also mentally retarded?

I love how she and her family are now travelling the world to protest... another climatard producing much more pollution than anyone else telling us we will all die unless we stop living...

Fuck this world, let it die.
    Asperger's Syndrome.

She looks like the "Cindy doll" from The 6th Day.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cind...1okwyXivoy08wM
    Member of the IDGAF+FU2 Community

stangstevers
    I take it back, they didn't take any flights, they sailed the ocean. Well, I owe them props to that!

At least they didn’t get stuck in the arctic ice.

*bringing thread back on topic LOL
    -Don____________

stangstevers
    yeah I found an ice cube in my freezer... take that climate change!

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    At least they didn’t get stuck in the arctic ice.

*bringing thread back on topic LOL
    lol!

Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    I take it back, they didn't take any flights, they sailed the ocean. Well, I owe them props to that!
    was looking into that. its kinda funny.
    She came over on a racing sail boat. was limited space so one of the crew had to fly over because she had his cot.
    also her handlers had to fly back and forth no less than 6 times to organize anything.
    and she didn't like the boat so is flying home.

then the boat itself. sources are saying that a racing boat such as that one are mostly carbon fiber, which has a short service window of just a coupe years, is not recyclable. and the production process produces more CO that most people use in decades of normal life and travel.

my favorite part of the whole thing was the pictures of the protestors who are calling for an elimination of all carbon emissions. setting a giant model of the earth on fire, and all standing around and watching it burn.