Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Go Port Stand alone...

Go Port Stand alone...

30014_1-1[1].jpg

I have some questions about this - hoping someone here can answer. This is a FiTech EFI - I believe it feeds fuel rails like a tunned or multi port efi. It can also come in a kit with the fuel rails and a manifold from FiTech or separate like this pic.

My Questions:

Can this work with any fuel rails and any injectors - or will it need Fitech injectors and rails?

I'm thinking an injector is an injector and all the electrical connections should interchange with all injectors? (That's a question)

Can this work with boost?

Can it work with a factory EFI distributer?

one more - Will it work with factory intank fuel pump on existing efi car?
    Last edited by hammerhead; 09-14-2019 at 10:36 AM.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Feels like these are questions you should directly ask the company that makes/sells it. Most folks here running stock ECU, Holley, or AEM from what I've seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Feels like these are questions you should directly ask the company that makes/sells it. Most folks here running stock ECU, Holley, or AEM from what I've seen.
    thanks - I was looking for a section on the website for that...but I think they have a tech hotline for install and initial start questions - they do have a very informative site tho - a lot of I's to dot and tee's to cross when switching from a carb...I will call on a day when I can find some time...
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

So far, Holley support has been pretty good on ones we've installed.

I'll interested in the answers to the questions above as I'm looking at changing from carb to EFI in my 85GT. Not sure which brand to get yet.

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post

I have some questions about this - hoping someone here can answer. This is a FiTech EFI - I believe it feeds fuel rails like a tunned or multi port efi. It can also come in a kit with the fuel rails and a manifold from FiTech or separate like this pic.

My Questions:

Can this work with any fuel rails and any injectors - or will it need Fitech injectors and rails?

I'm thinking an injector is an injector and all the electrical connections should interchange with all injectors? (That's a question)

Can this work with boost?

Can it work with a factory EFI distributer?

one more - Will it work with factory intank fuel pump on existing efi car?
    I've done a pile of research on basic EFI kits for swap - I've been in the midst of planning this for the last 4 year (mustang life... right?)
    Everything I've seen says that FItech is not a great company to work with - they're great for basic stuff - but if you're looking for something that you can do boost with - then look at the Holley Super Sniper kits - they're a much better build - their programming interface is easier to understand.

For your questions of what you're going to need - EFI injectors or rails - NO (they're all internal to the EFI carb). You're going to have to plumb a feed line to the efi carb - as well as a return line. You're also going to need to upgrade your in-tank pump to support up to 40psi fuel. If I'm not mistaken - the Holley kit comes with its own FPR internally.

Will it work with boost - yes - as long as its the Super Sniper kit. (they do have a regular sniper EFI carb - but its not made for boost applications)

Hope this helps...

^^^^^^^^^^ Fi-Tech offers two system - one like the Sniper (throttle body with built in ecu) and the other system feeds fuel rails like a multi port or tuned port, also with a built in ecu. I've been reading more and the fuel rail system is not compatible to boost. Fi-Tech says their throttle body can use boost. I think the Fi-Tech seems to be less user friendly. The system I was looking at, will not be a easy bolt on. All components related to a modern efi looks like it has to be up to snuff (basically need complete new fuel system, sensors, good wires and good grounds to make it all an easy function.) The Holley and Edlebrock look more user friendly. It may be a while before I switch. Currently I'm installing a sniper on a jeep but their kit was missing an important part of the system (the hand held tunning device) - when that arrives I can complete the install. - I'm going to continue to explore the Fi-Tech for a future idea...good luck with your swap keep us posted.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

Sniper, on 4bbl kits, Holley knows which base gasket to use if it hisses / screeches on light acceleration.
    Be sure coolant temp sensor is at the front of the intake where it'll see full engine temp. Holley suggests anywhere on the intake is ok, system will not go into self learn mode. We've had one dead and one suspect temp sensor out of the box, replaced with higher quality OEM GM or aftermarket.