Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  31
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone DD'ing their 2011+ GT in the winter? How is it holding up rust/paint/body?

There are no OEM Ford (or aftermarket that I'm aware of) STEEL wheels that clear the 2015+ GT brakes. Any of the OEM alloy 18" wheels for the S550 will fit, you see those for sale used at times like the ones you found on kijiji.
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

I may just offer 700 bucks for the rims and tires. x ice 2 don't wear fast and I won't be driving it that much, I can get better tires next winter

F1Fan
    I am going to run my 2019 GT this winter also. I have a square setup of rims with snows on the car now so I can keep driving it.
    I have read things which suggest that even with all the prep one can do to store a car, the period of non use will take its toll in other ways. Besides, life is to short not to enjoy my purchase. I continue to see so many other high end, powerful cars on the roads all winter so why not a GT?
    On the real heavy snow days I do have my Hyundai to fall back on, but the clear days I’ll be in my Mustang. After all, I drove my 1989 Fox body through 10 winters with no stability control, no traction control, or “snow/rain” drive modes. And when I finally sold that car it had so little rust on it, it wasn’t worth mentioning.

F1Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by mavrrrick View Post
    I would get it Krown'd and go to power wash once a week (on warmer sunny days) and spray off salt. JMO
    Krown damaged my fuel tank pressure sensor and Ford would not pony up (see what I did there!) under warranty as they said the Krown product damaged it. They say they see that a lot. Car was three months old and cost me almost $600 out of my pocket.
    Never doing Krown again!

Quote Originally Posted by F1Fan View Post
    Krown damaged my fuel tank pressure sensor and Ford would not pony up (see what I did there!) under warranty as they said the Krown product damaged it. They say they see that a lot. Car was three months old and cost me almost $600 out of my pocket.
    Never doing Krown again!
    Did you consult Krown (head office) about Ford's claim and cost for you to repair? If so, I suppose they dismissed it as not their problem/didn't believe it.

In my own experience, I've applied Krown to several of my DD's without issue....

- - - Updated - - -

Never doing Krown again!
    Did you consult Krown (head office) about Ford's claim and cost for you to repair? If so, I suppose they dismissed it as not their problem/didn't believe it.

In my own experience, I've applied Krown to several of my DD's without issue....

I am going to run my 2019 GT this winter also. I have a square setup of rims with snows on the car now so I can keep driving it.
    I have read things which suggest that even with all the prep one can do to store a car, the period of non use will take its toll in other ways. Besides, life is to short not to enjoy my purchase. I continue to see so many other high end, powerful cars on the roads all winter so why not a GT?
    On the real heavy snow days I do have my Hyundai to fall back on, but the clear days I’ll be in my Mustang. After all, I drove my 1989 Fox body through 10 winters with no stability control, no traction control, or “snow/rain” drive modes. And when I finally sold that car it had so little rust on it, it wasn’t worth mentioning.
    I think the new brine they put down is a lot more deadly for rust then even traditional salt. Would highly recommend you find a rust proofing product to help protect your ride...and its resale value. Driving on dry road days should help negate some of the effect.

And agree with you that having the car idle for a few months is not the best either, as they are designed to be driven.

Been driving mines since late 2013 to present. No rust, no issues, sway bushings about to go....other than that, smacked on winters and shes good to go for another winter. Got me self used 2014 GT Track pack wheels for $400 on kijiji with TPMS.
    2013 GT.

F1Fan
    I “Rust Check”ed my 1989 5.0 twice. First and third years, nothing after that. 10 winters later sold it with a few tiny spots of rust. And I believe that cars are even better built now as far as rust goes. You just don’t see rust heaps on the road like you use to. Maybe I’m wrong but what the hell, I’m driving it.

I’ve still got my Sonata for the days when there’s a major storm.
    Even the Hyundai has only now started to show a few spots of rust and I never treated it in 12 years. I just don’t trust the rust treatments anymore. Even the product mentioned earlier in this tread? I looked at the warranty fine print and they clearly state that sensors and such are not covered. So they know it damages things.
    https://corrosionfree.com/wp-content...20192-copy.pdf

To be fair, I’m sure many people have not had issues with these treatments, I just don’t trust it after being bitten. I suppose it luck of the draw.

I am with you on this.

Been a yr since the Ram was first sprayed, did a careful look over all the door and hood rubbers etc, can see none of the typical issues I saw with Krown or Rust Check.