Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  31
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Anyone DD'ing their 2011+ GT in the winter? How is it holding up rust/paint/body?

Quote Originally Posted by F1Fan View Post
    I “Rust Check”ed my 1989 5.0 twice. First and third years, nothing after that. 10 winters later sold it with a few tiny spots of rust. And I believe that cars are even better built now as far as rust goes. You just don’t see rust heaps on the road like you use to. Maybe I’m wrong but what the hell, I’m driving it.

I’ve still got my Sonata for the days when there’s a major storm.
    Even the Hyundai has only now started to show a few spots of rust and I never treated it in 12 years. I just don’t trust the rust treatments anymore. Even the product mentioned earlier in this tread? I looked at the warranty fine print and they clearly state that sensors and such are not covered. So they know it damages things.
    https://corrosionfree.com/wp-content...20192-copy.pdf

To be fair, I’m sure many people have not had issues with these treatments, I just don’t trust it after being bitten. I suppose it luck of the draw.
    Agreed; cars now are definitely better at resisting rust. I apply Krown every other year to my DD's. Until I run into an obvious problem created by it, I'll keep having it applied.

As Mav said earlier...try to get it washed at least once a week to help keep the salt/brine off the car.

Also, great color choice!

F1Fan
    Thanks on the color compliment.