Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  31
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone DD'ing their 2011+ GT in the winter? How is it holding up rust/paint/body?

If you can swing it, by a cheap winter beater and park the GT for the winter. If not, get some type of rust protection....to help slow the inevitable rusting that will happen over time being exposed to our lousy, over zealous salt applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate_V8 View Post
    You had problems with krown? What is corrosion free?
    I’ve seen it offered at Canadian Tire service dept. Personally I buy a rust protection spray from Benson auto and do my own cars every year, I think it’s $60 or so for a jug, I dilute it a bit and can do almost 3 cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate_V8 View Post
    You had problems with krown? What is corrosion free?
    In my wifes car, has eaten all of the rubber door, hatch and hood seals.
    My former pickup, caused electrical issues related to the fuel gauge n fuel pump.
    Both cases, Krown told me to pound salt. Telling them the same when it comes where I'll spend another dime.

I second the recommendation of Corrosion Free. Searched on Corrosion Free's website and came up with quite a few locations in your area. https://corrosionfree.com/find-a-dealer/

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Stang View Post
    If you can swing it, by a cheap winter beater and park the GT for the winter.
    I agree!

stangstevers
    +1 for the beater, I loved my G37x in the winter, plenty of power and AWD made the commute more fun than worrying about spinning out in a RWD sports car.

Otherwise, good winter tires is a must. Not a Mustang but our 2016 Edge has no rust under it, just the exhaust hangers seem to have some rust. Otherwise the body looks mint. I think Ford has gone a long ways from the 80's shitboxes we once had as daily drivers. lol

A winter beater is not an option right now or else I wouldn't have asked about winter driving the s550. I have my wife's car if she's not using it which is most of the time but there will be a few days a month where I'll need to take the 2017. it's law to have proper winter tires in quebec and considering the car I wouldn't be caught dead without them law or not.

I'll take a look at rust proofing options.

I wouldn't go with steelies at all. For that size they steel will be really heavy and kill you on gas I am sure. I have no hard evidence on this but steelies are way heavier than alloys. Also you want to be able to spray down the brakes.

found these.
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-pneus-jantes...ationFlag=true

oem rims and like new x ice 2 tires. Seems worth it

Hmmm silly question but does anyone know if any ford 18" 5x114.3" rim will fit?

The tires in the link are only 7/32, no way were they used 2 months, maybe he meant 2 years lol.