Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cigars and Pipes

Cigars and Pipes

Any cigar or pipe guys? Here.

Thinking about a thread for tips tricks or recommendations. For cigars, pipes and pipe tobacco

Just getting into pipes. Picked up my first one last week scored a maybe used once Old Pal Vintage standing pipe for $10 at and antique shop last week on our anniversary trip.
    Guy at the shop recommended Solani after burly for a nice medium-full body tobacco and also gave me a sample of an English blend called Cambridge that’s a nice light earthy body

Been smoking cigars for a few years now but usually have a hard time remembering what I have tried and liked. Should start a list.

If you like an infused cigar ACID is a solid choice. Heavy on the sweetness to start but mellows our nicely and has a wide variety of body’s to suit preference.

Also enjoyed some My fathers.

And after a cigar night put on by a local shop and CAO I’m working threw som selections from them and haven’t had a bad one yet

If your looking for cigar reviews and tips I’d recommend Cigar Obsessions on YouTube. Lots of good information and strength no nonsense reviews.

didn't know they still existed - my great grandfather had a corn cob - and he also rolled his own - love the scent of a pipe his brand always had a creamy sort of odour - no idea what it was tho - likely the cheapest around - noticed a few chewers in the country as well don't often see it in the city
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

i worked with a guy once that chewed. I cant do it. lol that's just gross.

I have smoked many cigars, I don’t often keep track of what they are as I am not overly picky.

I haven’t ever smoked a pipe, however my cousins hand makes a lot of custom pipes and has a small business selling them.

Quote Originally Posted by 1986stangfan View Post
    I have smoked many cigars, I don’t often keep track of what they are as I am not overly picky.

I haven’t ever smoked a pipe, however my cousins hand makes a lot of custom pipes and has a small business selling them.
    Nice. Thought about trying to make one but too many projects already. He have a web site?

Don’t mean for this to be an offside question, but why would you be looking to get into this hobby with all the negative long term consequences?

A pipe or cigar once a week while not 100% risk free is not the same as cigarettes.

Typically you don’t inhale. So it’s more about taste and ambiance over a nicotine high or need to smoke.

See it more like enjoying a glass of good whisky with friends. Vs drinking a case of crap beer.

Club Supporter
    Doesn't it increase the risk of oral and throat cancers for non-inhalers? I read pancreatic cancer as well but not sure if it's for inhalers, non-inhalers, or both (a lot of things taken by mouth goes into bloodstream due to thin skin and concentration of blood vessels - especially under the tongue).

sure there are risks as with most things. alcohol has risks. racing has risks. hell anymore driving to the store has risks. lol.

as long as people are aware of the risks. and take steps to limit use. ect.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    sure there are risks as with most things. alcohol has risks. racing has risks. hell anymore driving to the store has risks. lol.

as long as people are aware of the risks. and take steps to limit use. ect.
    True - at least you know and can assess what the risk/reward means for you (as even short term use of certain products sets the ball rolling for the next few decades).