Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  184
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: When are you guys storing your rides?

Dunno why, in my head cars and their suspension components are designed to live their life 365/24/7 with 4 wheels on the ground (excluding Raptors). Figure having the suspension at max droop with it bearing on the bump stops and other components living at geometry they were designed to live at for extended periods.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Dunno why, in my head cars and their suspension components are designed to live their life 365/24/7 with 4 wheels on the ground (excluding Raptors). Figure having the suspension at max droop with it bearing on the bump stops and other components living at geometry they were designed to live at for extended periods.
    I was told to do it to save the Tires from flat spots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

Modern tires don’t get flat spots like older ones do, and yes, hanging your suspension is bad for all the bushings (since they’re now at the opposite end of the natural seated position) as well you’re now exposing the strut shafts to moisture and dirt since they’re extended and not safe and sound in the strut/shock housing. I have never raised my pressures or added foam or anything below my tires and they have never had flat spots. As well do not put cardboard under the car, as stated it will absorb moisture and take longer to dry out, thereby exposing the underside of the car to excess moisture. Use a tarp or vapour barrier under the car, if anything (I use nothing)

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    Modern tires don’t get flat spots like older ones do, and yes, hanging your suspension is bad for all the bushings (since they’re now at the opposite end of the natural seated position) as well you’re now exposing the strut shafts to moisture and dirt since they’re extended and not safe and sound in the strut/shock housing. I have never raised my pressures or added foam or anything below my tires and they have never had flat spots. As well do not put cardboard under the car, as stated it will absorb moisture and take longer to dry out, thereby exposing the underside of the car to excess moisture. Use a tarp or vapour barrier under the car, if anything (I use nothing)
    Thank you for adding clarity. All of you guys are very helpful

Done my last wash for the season before she gets stored. Wash and max. Paint correction at the beginning of next season.

When are you guys storing your rides?

^^^^^That’s a beautiful car!

I don’t put mine away until the salt comes out. Full tank, fuel stabilizer, battery out, tires over inflated, parked on a mat in my garage. Washed, hopefully and covered. Drove the shit out of it today before the rain,so..... Hopefully get another month of driving!

“Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Allah! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me! Help me Oprah Winfrey!” — Ricky Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by CDNfyrfytr View Post
    ^^^^^That’s a beautiful car!

I don’t put mine away until the salt comes out. Full tank, fuel stabilizer, battery out, tires over inflated, parked on a mat in my garage. Washed, hopefully and covered. Drove the shit out of it today before the rain,so..... Hopefully get another month of driving!

I did the same with mine. I had the day off. So I detailed it. And thanks. Also I love the colour of yours. I was just wondering did your stang come in that colour or did you have it painted ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zutz2v View Post
    I did the same with mine. I had the day off. So I detailed it. And thanks. Also I love the colour of yours. I was just wondering did your stang come in that colour or did you have it painted ?

Factory paint. Competition Orange. Only available in 2004 on the Mach 1. I believe Cobras and regular mustangs were also available in that colour in 2004.

“Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Allah! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me! Help me Oprah Winfrey!” — Ricky Bobby

^Yes, they were.

Fuel Stab / SeaFoam should be added to your last tank of fuel and driven at least a few miles to be sure it's through everything from stem to stern.
    Pump the tires up to 40psi to cut down on flat spotting (my Nitto's take at least 15 or 20 minutes driving to settle down each and every spring, have since new / Impala does the same on BFG).
    If oil is in good shape, no need to dump.
    Disconnect your battery, if critters get in and chew wires, cuts down on possibility of a fire.
    If possible, remove battery and store hooked to a tender.
    Search every nook n cranny for even the tiniest bit of food or wrapper etc that will attract unwanted winter squatters.
    Once shut off for the season, leave until next spring, don't start over the winter.