Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  184
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: When are you guys storing your rides?

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    ^ I do, and yes they are like hockey pucks in cold/wet. I’ve never experienced cracking, and I tend to run mine till last possible moment before storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

F1Fan
    I do want to drive mine as long as I can

Quote Originally Posted by F1Fan View Post
    How do you guys find the summer tires in the colder weather. They are as hard as rock when it gets down into the mid single digits. And if it’s wet the traction suffers big time, I find. I also have read about actual possible cracking when using them below 7C.
    Do you all run on your summers until you store the car.
    Have to be extra careful now that the temps are dropping. Trying to pass someone quickly now requires some restraint...otherwise the rear end gets loose on my Shelby. The same tires in the summer warmth were good and grippy.

Some performance tires will even suggest storing the tires in a temperature controlled environment....to avoid cracking/deterioration in the freezing temps. Found that out on my 12 Boss 302 Pirelli P-Zero's....when I read up on them. I had no idea.....and left them on when I stored the car. Ended up replacing them early, despite still having a fair amount of tread, I wasn't willing to roll the dice when I did a Lapping day @ Mosport.

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    I do want to drive mine as long as I can
    As Gr8Stang said - exercise some restraint and common sense , you will be fine

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

F1Fan
    I remember reading about the Pirelli tires. I imagine the Michelin’s are the same.

I remember reading about the Pirelli tires. I imagine the Michelin’s are the same.
    Yah, I believe it applies to most of the High Performance Summer rubber. Incidentally, I replaced my Pirelli's with the Michelin Pilot Super Sports.....they were a great tire! Did one lapping day with them and they performed very well. I sold the car not tool long after, so not sure how they held up longer term, but most reviews I've read have been excellent.

Not so much as storage as getting into more modifications...roll cage, maybe gear change from 4.30 to 4.10, new drag slicks, change oil, change spark plugs, wash wax, maybe front K frame, maybe move battery to trunk etc

Little 2V 700+ RWHP, Pump Gas
    10.46 sec @ 136 mph

Cars put away for winter .

I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

pwrab
    Mine will be road insured until mid-November. But not driven much between now and then. Insurance goes back on in mid-February, but again not really likely to drive it much before early March.

There’s a certain guy that busts my b@lls over not storing it until ‘May’. Personality, I think that’s a waste. You gotta drive and enjoy your car!

I took the Mustang to the gym this morning, filled up the tank afterwards and gave it a bath and tire fill. Re-org'd the garage so the winter power tools are now accessible behind the Mustang and tossed it on the foam blocks and under the cover. Figure go out on a high note but if next weekend is gonna be 60s and sunny again i might have to try and sneak it out again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate