Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  17
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Idle running really high

CHILL5.0
    One thing I would check is your TPS. I had this same issue or very similar. Turned out it was the TPS. I'd do a base idle reset and it would be fine and then I'd drive it and come to a stop and it would be idling at 2000 rpm. It's not the IAC that is the problem it's something telling it to open. In my case it was the TPS, worn out where it mates up to the butterfly valve. When you do a base idle reset after, you set your throttle body with your IAC unplugged to your desired idle rpm while running. Then with key on engine off you check your TPS voltage. Should be at .98 volts. If it's not then adjust it to that voltage. Then you can shut key off, plug IAC back in. Disconnect battery for 15 mins and reconnect. Good to go.

^ Good point, similar problem bunch of years ago with a 351w in a van, intermittent mild run away that turned out to be exactly that.

No egr. intake is not tipped I will go over vac lines again next week even with the iac unplugged I ran 12.20 at 110 yesterday lol no hole in the throttle body blade

Look to TPS / dead / inaccurate spot next.

I will check the tps again this week for a dead spot I changed the coolant temp sensor with the updated version and would like to know if anyone knows the part number for the pins I hate butt connectors and would like to repin the connector so it looks factory since the harness is a new motorsport one any help would be appreciated

CHILL5.0
    Not necessarily a dead spot in the TPS. On mine it was the 2 teeth on the bottom side of TPS that were physically worn. Like I said I would do a base idle reset, would be good for a little bit and then I'd come to a light or stop sign and be idling at 2k. So what was happening was my TPS was actually not sitting in the same spot it was supposed to be when I did the base idle reset and it was telling the computer funky readings.

Removed one yesterday where 1/2 throttle blade was bent. Car has had intermittent idle hang, see today if it's fully cured or not.

Just curious if you solved your high idle problem. I had a high idle problem turned out to be intake gasket was leaking. Have you had your intake off lately.

had the intake off just before the tune but it was tuned no issue then started a day later

anyone know the part number for the coolent temp sensor pins