Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MegaSquirt PNP2

CHILL5.0

MegaSquirt PNP2

Anybody have any experience with a MegaSquirt PNP2 with MS2 firmware? I just installed one due to the fact that after my last engine mod I had my car retuned and its felt like shit ever since. Finally got around to installing a wideband afr sensor and gauge to watch what was happening and it was all over the map as I suspected. Now with the MegaSquirt PNP2 it already cruises around better than before. I've got my idle dialled in pretty good already but I'm going to continue to make a few small tweaks here and there to try and make it even better. I've got my AFR table set, now just have to tweak the VE table and timing table. I've already got the timing table adjusted but just wondering if anybody has experience with this stand alone computer and can give some tips and tricks or advice.

Engine is a 347 stroker, AFR 185 heads that have been re-worked, Edelbrock Victor EFI intake, 70mm TB, no power adders yet, run on 94 octane only. About 10:1 compression or slightly lower.

'89 Fox body.

I am sure someone here can help. Quite a few fox experts here.

CHILL5.0
    Crickets... That's ok. Tuning going well. Adjusting my cold start each day I can PWM% and WUE%. Have not gone over 3500RPM yet but it seems to have nice smooth power under light accel and feels really good so far. I just need to work on my throttle response from idle and between gears when taking foot off pedal and back on.

^^^good to hear

don't thin there will be much help from here, don't think there are too many running the set up you have now, I'll I know is that car sounds fucking amazing!!

Have you taken an pics of the Mach lately?

CHILL5.0
    Ya I didn't think I'd hear too much on here but it is actually quite a popular engine management system.

Adjusted my throttle response today and got it pretty good now. Slowly getting my VE table dialled in driving it around each day I can. Car already feels 10x better than it did with the stock computer and SCT chip tuned by the fucktard out here. I enjoy driving it now, it feels how it should. Just wish I'd done this sooner.

No I haven't taken any pics of the Mach lately. It's under it's cover right now.

Ya my car sounds pretty good, can't complain... But my neighbours did a couple of weeks ago when I had just installed the new computer and was idling it in the garage at 9pm on a week day. Some lady came over and started yelling at me saying i woke her kids and that she doesn't want to call the cops but will if she has to. I kind of expected it, I know it's not quiet.

Tell her to call the cops...curfew isn't till 11pm (at least in Ontario) I would think it's the same out there...all though who knows? Alberta has some weird shit out there LOL

Cool that the car is running better now though!!

on the previous note though...I try not to piss off the neighbours around here, sometimes makes life easier than fighting it... I wait till atleast the end of the driveway to turn the exhaust open!!

CHILL5.0
    As soon as she left I shut the car off a few minutes later. I don't want to piss off the neighbours. Car was idling for about an hour tho LOL. I don't have the option to turn my exhaust open and closed it's full time open AF. Gonna go take it for another rip while the weather is deadly here. Get in some more tuning.

The more you drive with auto tune on the better it will run. I also datalog every time I drive it to see what its doing. You can also use it to help tune the ve table. Sounds like you are getting it dialed in. I run the megasquirt MS3X.

CHILL5.0
    Quote Originally Posted by ttpinto View Post
    The more you drive with auto tune on the better it will run. I also datalog every time I drive it to see what its doing. You can also use it to help tune the ve table. Sounds like you are getting it dialed in. I run the megasquirt MS3X.
    I am using autotune each time I take her out. I have it set so that it doesn't adjust my VE table under 1200rpm and won't adjust till coolant temp reaches 160. I datalog as well however I can only view about 27 seconds of my log because I don't have the registered version of MegaLog Viewer. So much of my tweaks I've done so far have been real time just watching what is happening when it's happening.

I wanted to buy the Stinger PimpXS with MS3 as I liked the fact that it has sequential fuelling as opposed to batch fire but it seems to run pretty good... Even better than it did with the stock A9L with SCT chip. This PNP2 came up for sale brand new in box with everything for a really good price so I jumped on it. I know a few guys around here that run it and it does really well for them. I like being able to see everything that is happening and having full control over everything. Definitely a lot of stuff to learn and things that can be played with and adjusted. So far I love it!

Ms3x or pro is great. I have it controlling so much of the car. Boost control, meth injection launch control and so much more. Its worth the extra cash.