Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
It’s designed to make you and many others feel that way. That there is a real difference. And that may have been the case before we walked this earth. But now..? No. I don’t think so. When one of the established parties goes too far off script, they risk losing the moderates. And that’s exactly what happened here. Bernier even lost his own riding.

Canadians voted and now this minority government is what you have. Like it or not. And until a Conservative candidate can step up to the plate and offer a real platform that takes into consideration what concerns Canadians in this day and age, people will play it safe and go with what they know. And that’s what they did.
Excellent points, given the freespending all parties( including my Conservatives) they didn't portray the parties I recall.
Somehow the Conservatives have to find away to show they are fiscally Conservative, and you don't need to scorch the earth with wasteful cuts that don't save any money like the Ontario Conservatives.
And maybe if Scheer could have answered a question straight up ( wasn't an insurance agent but walked around an answer, his abortion stand gobbledygook was so he didn't offend his religious base etc.) he just seemed to be lesstrust worthy.
The Conseratives may needto come back to the east to find a leader ( Peter Mckay?)