Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  88
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Rented a Tesla 3

here's a link that does describe where taxpayer dollars are being directed WRT EV programs. Very big numbers. Very small reporting by MSM.

https://www.canada.ca/en/natural-res...in-canada.html

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post
    Heaters I get, a direct energy consumer.

What do you mean by snow? I have my assumptions but they're just that. Are certain weather factors more detrimental to ICE or EV's that I'm not understanding?
    Snow, rain etc. All that stuff requires more electrons to push the 5000lb car through it. Affects range more then you think. Yes your gas powered car takes more gas too but you can charge your ICE car anywhere in a couple mins and go another 500 km. It took me 68 kms of range to drive 35 km in the rain. Re read my very first post. That was also in early fall weather, Not winter cold.

The investigative TV show Marketplace is doing a story on EV's this friday,jan,26 at 8:00pm on channel 6 then repeating on saturday at 5:30pm on channel 26.

They will likely mention a few or more negatives,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bluetoy View Post
    Snow, rain etc. All that stuff requires more electrons to push the 5000lb car through it. Affects range more then you think. Yes your gas powered car takes more gas too but you can charge your ICE car anywhere in a couple mins and go another 500 km. It took me 68 kms of range to drive 35 km in the rain. Re read my very first post. That was also in early fall weather, Not winter cold.
    Not disputing your points. Maybe I misunderstood the original statement. I took the assertion to mean that setting aside energy source and battery efficiency drop that an EV has to work harder than ICE powered vehicle. I don't see how one has to pull harder than the other in the same conditions.

I think the problem is between the keyboard and chair over here.

Quote Originally Posted by LX89 View Post
    The investigative TV show Marketplace is doing a story on EV's this friday,jan,26 at 8:00pm on channel 6 then repeating on saturday at 5:30pm on channel 26.

They will likely mention a few or more negatives,lol.
    The media taking bailout money from the current government who's agenda is no more ICE by 2035? I expect zero bias or agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Love the post with factual statistics!

But any debate needs the other side represented. Where are the stats on ICE in the cold?
    Not as bad as EV’s, but still a good 15% in the same cold.
    I’ve never seen it posted, but I’d say it’s 5-10% maybe, and most of that is from remote starting. Actual debate is pretty rare around here.

^ Take pride in screwing my average in the winter with remote start. Well maybe I do it a bit in the hot weather with remote n cooled seats as well.................and lovin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    I’ve never seen it posted, but I’d say it’s 5-10% maybe, and most of that is from remote starting. Actual debate is pretty rare around here.
    soup nazi.jpg