Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  88
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rented a Tesla 3

Well ...... okay

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Great review, thank you for posting. So overall if you had to summarize it would be that it's an impressive car but the technology and infrastructure still have a ways to go before one could be considered a viable worry-free transportation solution for the masses?
    I would say that exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    Thanks for sharing - confirmed some questions and concerns - I often think of electric for my commute but couldn't afford one that would come close to range I would want - saw an older couple in a leaf last year in the dead of winter and they had frost on the inside of their windows - freezing rain or snow would have finished them- I'm can only imagine - someday I may own one but will also never give up gasoline unless forced too....

also- would be nice to get a cost comparative on gasoline vs electricity - I currently spend about 350-450 a month to power my home with Hydro - currently with my new v8 I spend about 700/month for 5000 kilometers - with the right gasoline vehicle I have average 350-400/month covering the same 5000 kilometers per month I achieved in the past - I was always curious how much hydro I would spend with an electric car if I commuted in this fashion (I'm not asking if you can provide this info - just a thought I've always had)
    I can tell you that a charge to 295 kms range from 4 kms range at a Tesla supercharger cost $14.30. That is not cheap especially since 295 km range doesn't mean 295 kms. It would be between 200 and 250 depending on conditions. Charging at the level 2 charger was $1.00 per hour and it was charging in the 30 to 40 kms per hour range. I saw prices up to $2 per hour. Did not go there to see how fast it charged. There are free charge stations as well.

Anyone know what service costs are like?

I know there is not oils chenges. But do they use coolant at all?

Are there recommended intervals for checking breaks etc etc? Or do you just drive it until it tells you there is a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by StAnger View Post
    Hideously ugly cars... And they're faggy electric pieces of shit.

Did the owner include the complimentary butt plug and pride flag too?
    hahaha maybe try listening to some Ann Murray to sooth the senses... I thought they looked pretty cool with a wide body kit
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by bluetoy View Post
    I can tell you that a charge to 295 kms range from 4 kms range at a Tesla supercharger cost $14.30. That is not cheap especially since 295 km range doesn't mean 295 kms. It would be between 200 and 250 depending on conditions. Charging at the level 2 charger was $1.00 per hour and it was charging in the 30 to 40 kms per hour range. I saw prices up to $2 per hour. Did not go there to see how fast it charged. There are free charge stations as well.
    For me that would a little better than my current vehicle - I'm at about 20$'s per day for my v8 which is good for a v8 and better than most v6's I've owned, and that's with conscious conservative driving - the drive home for me would use up most of the charge I think, due to the consistent up hill climb so maybe not much better tho - as I travel 150-200 per day six days a week and Sunday is random pending dads taxi - thanks for the insight always wondered if there would be some kind of savings but I think they have it all figured out - for the city tho I think a small electric would be awesome or any electric for that matter

come to think of it I've been running with 94 so it may be fairly equal in travel expense but I would think charging at home would be cheaper
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

Quote Originally Posted by WidowrRacing View Post
    I’d rather have a GT500, 350R, Demon, Redeye, ZL1, Z06 and the list would go on and ON.....
    Ya if a tesla cost 30k after taxes it would make sense, otherwise its an over priced ev toy

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    I'm of the red neck variety... I would love to put a system together (off grid) but just cant grip the how too and want to build it myself - electricity talk just goes over my head - one day I will just start buying stuff and putting it together...
    Until they make solar panels last longer and more efficient itll take decades before you get a return on savings...from what i read

my Dad did a micro fit. his projections were 10 plus years to pay off with his savings on his hydro bill.

he has since complained that the pay back isn't what he was led to believe it would be. and the hydro company numbers don't always match is log. he also found out on set up that if he dosnt have power the system shuts down. as in if the power goes out the solar system shuts down and more importantly you cant disconnect from hydro and be self sustaining. meaning your still on the hook for delivery and service charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    Until they make solar panels last longer and more efficient itll take decades before you get a return on savings...from what i read

yes - I believe this to be correct - many years ago I looked into the cost and it was something like 25 years before I would see a return with an off grid system...
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd