Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mustang Lithium Concept

Mustang Lithium Concept

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-sho...c=socialflowTW

Quote Originally Posted by Road and Track
    Ford is going electric for SEMA this year with its freshly announced Mustang Lithium. The pony car is an all-electric one-off with over 900 horsepower and 1000 lb-ft of torque, a bunch of aftermarket add-ons, and a six-speed manual transmission. Hell yeah.

The Mustang Lithium was built in collaboration with Webasto, the company that developed the car's battery system. It's an 800-volt setup, similar to the one found on the Porsche Taycan. Power goes from two inverters to a Phi-Power dual-core electric motor, which sends thrust through through a billet six-speed Getrag MT82 manual transmission. There's an 8.8-inch Torsen limited-slip differential out back, twisting Ford Performance half-shafts.
    Holy fuck this is rad. If this is the future I can get on board with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Foxstang
    I'm waiting for an electric mid sized truck.

Looks cool but a six-speed manual??? Gears are usually not needed with electrics, and if so it’s only two. Not to mention that trans would need crazy strength to take the abuse of an electric powertrain.
    I still prefer ICE, the car looks great and has good stats, but sound is a big part of car culture to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    Looks cool but a six-speed manual??? Gears are usually not needed with electrics, and if so it’s only two. Not to mention that trans would need crazy strength to take the abuse of an electric powertrain.
    I still prefer ICE, the car looks great and has good stats, but sound is a big part of car culture to me.
    I think having a manual 6 speed is what makes this so cool. Also, believe the trans is built as hell.

Not to mention that trans would need crazy strength to take the abuse of an electric powertrain.
    Was thinking the same. That 1000 ft-lb of torque is instant. Unless there’s some kind of controller on the clutch pedal that limits the volts dumped to the motor.

Electrics aside .....that paint scheme! That car looks hot! White with big blue callipers? Why have I not seen that before?
    -Don____________

^Ya I love it, looks like the hood and roof may be grey or gunmetal coloured, if it weren’t for the weird blue graphics it would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    I think having a manual 6 speed is what makes this so cool. Also, believe the trans is built as hell.
    Might be cool but also basically pointless, it’s not needed. Any let’s be honest here, Ford isn’t the greatest at building strong trannies, so unless the car has some kind of nanny as Don stated, that trans will be scattered pretty quickly.

^Ya I love it, looks like the hood and roof may be grey or gunmetal coloured, if it weren’t for the weird blue graphics it would be perfect.

Might be cool but also basically pointless, it’s not needed. Any let’s be honest here, Ford isn’t the greatest at building strong trannies, so unless the car has some kind of nanny as Don stated, that trans will be scattered pretty quickly.
    It's a full billet Calimer built trans. I know not needed but I feel like its a huge step to bridge the Motorhead-Techie gap that so many electrics miss. To me this is genuinely the most excited electric car dreamt by an OE.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Was thinking the same. That 1000 ft-lb of torque is instant. Unless there’s some kind of controller on the clutch pedal that limits the volts dumped to the motor.

Electrics aside .....that paint scheme! That car looks hot! White with big blue callipers? Why have I not seen that before?
    C6ZR1 did that, and is still on my Mount Rushmore of OE hottness.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxstang View Post
    I'm waiting for an electric mid sized truck.
    2023 I read recently electric f150 so that probably means 2030...
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

would like to see pics of it moving...and happy to see it's still a mustang! I read recently somewhere gm to have an electric sports car by 2023 but didn't say what - at this stage was a littles skeptical that the big three would have anything by 2025 - this looks promising...
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works