Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  27
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mustang Lithium Concept

Quote Originally Posted by Hotford View Post
    Really!!
    First of all the manuals ford contract them out to third party and heck the T-56 is a stout piece and the GT 500 ones are even better...…

The auto's have come a long way...the 6R680 will support 900 rwhp untouched and the 10 speed is showing the same......
    Ya the T56 is a good one, and yes I’m aware they contract them out. I know the autos are pretty strong, but the Coyote stick and anything before it haven’t held up to power very well from what I’ve heard.

Quote Originally Posted by BAB CObra View Post

its cmoing soon you should put your order in in a year or so
    Please tell me it has much more than 500 km range (like 1000 km) otherwise it will be useless. As my recent Tesla rental taught me. 500km is only 100% charge range. So the recommended 80% charge is 400km. Don't go below 10% charge so that is 350 km range. Factor in headlights, heater and A/C, Wipers, electric steering, Radio etc. Plus different driving styles and you are looking at realistic 250km range. Worse if you travel more than 60-80 kph. Lack of level 3 chargers. There you have it. An F150 that costs 75,000 and is good for a daily commute only. Makes me sad because I am sick of buying fuel. I want an electric car.

I've read the range will be under 500 on the F150
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

I look forward to my first DD EV someday soon but not my mustang. Sorry, just not for me but for those who do want one, it will be exciting times for sure.

Foxstang
    Quote Originally Posted by bluetoy View Post
    Please tell me it has much more than 500 km range (like 1000 km) otherwise it will be useless. As my recent Tesla rental taught me. 500km is only 100% charge range. So the recommended 80% charge is 400km. Don't go below 10% charge so that is 350 km range. Factor in headlights, heater and A/C, Wipers, electric steering, Radio etc. Plus different driving styles and you are looking at realistic 250km range. Worse if you travel more than 60-80 kph. Lack of level 3 chargers. There you have it. An F150 that costs 75,000 and is good for a daily commute only. Makes me sad because I am sick of buying fuel. I want an electric car.
    Average people don't do more than 100km /day. I do about 120-150 with my stupid commute taking the loooong way home (farm country to avoid the 401) and I'd be happy with a 250km range.

Foxstang
    Also, got my service upgraded and I'll be running a 6/3 cable to the garage to start with a 60amp sub-panel. I'm getting ready for this... Ideally we will have two electric daily drivers and a fox body or two. I can't wait, I will drive by gas stations giving them the finger each day.

^But you’re paying a higher initial cost as well as paying for hydro to charge the cars. And no doubt the hydro rates will go up as the grid is overloaded by all of the electrics. IMO an electric car only makes sense if you can charge it at work.

Foxstang
    If you do cost/benefit or ROI calcs... electrics don't make a lot of a sense for most people. I also don't think it's the answer to "climate change" either, if that's even an issue. Real answer is to get cars off the road like 4 day work weeks, telecommuting, etc. But the real answers don't add to "revenue generators" for governments - they only solve possible climate problems.

With that said, I like electrics for the tech, not having to freeze standing around pumping gas into a car, the power/torque, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    ^But you’re paying a higher initial cost as well as paying for hydro to charge the cars. And no doubt the hydro rates will go up as the grid is overloaded by all of the electrics. IMO an electric car only makes sense if you can charge it at work.
    It will be a matter of time when the government steps in and start charging extra fees (ie:taxes) to those with at home charging stations to make up for lost revenue from the fuel taxes. People are dreaming thinking it's going to stay at $4-5 to charge up their car, as more EV's hit the roads.

Foxstang
    Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    It will be a matter of time when the government steps in and start charging extra fees (ie:taxes) to those with at home charging stations to make up for lost revenue from the fuel taxes. People are dreaming thinking it's going to stay at $4-5 to charge up their car, as more EV's hit the roads.
    True dat!