Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Cause of her crash revealed.

Post Cause of her crash revealed.

Jessi Combs.

Combs, known as the "fastest woman on four wheels," died on a dry lake bed in Oregon while attempting to set a land speed record in a jet-powered vehicle. She was 39.

On Tuesday, the Harney County Sheriff's Office revealed the findings of its investigation into the accident in a press release.
    "Based on the evidence collected and examined at the scene of the crash and the evidence recovered by the North American Race Team it appears that there was a mechanical failure of the front wheel, most likely caused from striking an object on the desert," the release read. "The front wheel failure led to the front wheel assembly collapsing. The front wheel failure occurred at speeds approaching 550 miles per hour."

Combs was killed by "blunt force trauma to the head," according to investigators. She died before fire engulfed the race vehicle.

I just hope she passed quickly. R.I.P.

Foxstang
    That's almost 900kmh!

Fearless RIP...
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Off my meds again
    Horrible way to go, but damn I bet she had a smile on her face until things went south.

And as morbid as it sounds, but I'm glad she died instantly instead of burning. That's a death I would only wish on my worst enemy.