Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sick of freezing in the mornings

Step up and be put down Zexhuffer's Avatar

Sick of freezing in the mornings

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/p...-0340742p.html

What do you think of this and anything I should watch for?
    I'm outta the house just after 5 and its started to get real cold...I'd like to just get in and drive to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Not4you View Post
    father of the year ... or so Zexhuffer keeps telling me!!

Have them install it too, depending on the car you may need a key bypass as well. I walk out every day and start mine...yes I’m that cheap.

although a lot more expensive, my opinion would be a factory install, good chance your late model is already wired for it, they will have to flashy the computer and probably new keyfobs but these after market units generally cause some gremlins in the late models. I'd rather pay a little extra than have the wipers and horn come on half way down the hwy (I joke a bit...but this did actually happen)

Especially for something that you are going to use everyday... I use mine way too much...I use mine even when I'm not going anywhere, it's so addictive!! You will use it in the summer for the AC as well

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Years ago I had a similar Pro start unit installed in a Saturn, never had issues with it. As of recent though I agree, having a factory unit installed is the way to go....most are plug and play and can be done yourself. I bought the one for my wife’s caravan from a mopar dealer website, and installed it in my driveway and just programmed my original fobs.
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

make sure its installed by a pro. the price on that unit is attractive but IMO id go to and automotive shop with trained professionals that specialize in alarms ect

First choice, as said above, check to see if adding factory unit is possible.
    Second, also as said above, stereo shop that specialize in installations.
    Aftermarket in Kath's HHR has performed well.
    Factory in the Ram, turns on heated seat and steering wheel plus heater / def (plus mirror def) in the winter, summer turns on cooled seat plus AC, freakin love it.

Not sure about those ones but I had an aftermarket installed at a stereo shop in the 2014 caravan when it was almost new. I think it was around $300 installed. Nothing fancy and works with the factory fobs. No complaints.

Mustang Occasionally
    I’d get one from a shop who does this stuff. You’ll pay more though. I’m not sure if it was your intention to have CT install it but I’d say that’s not a great idea.

I installed one in my former Avalanche. Prostart website gives you great instructions and pictures of the wires that need to be tapped. I called them a few times about the required key bypass and they were very helpful. That being said, if your vehicle is already wired for a factory-install, that would be the way to go. Also suggest a two-way remote start, nice to know that it's started without having to check.

I have one to install in my Ram but got caught with the weather again...can't wait to have a fix-it garage instead of a store-it garage!!
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

^^^i thought you guys just left them running all winter long.
    -Don____________