Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  82
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Don Cherry relieved of duties at Sportsnet/HNIC

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    As a "paying guest" at a venue, do you not still have some rights? Holding a sign that says you support a person or team so long as it is not demeaning or derogatory isn't breaking the law (or venue rules) the last time I looked. This was a pure case of BS on the part of security. The follow up proved that no rule was broken by the "paying guest" as the sign size was within the parameters posted on their website. He should have demanded and received a full refund of his ticket for this BS treatment. The slope gets more slippery each day.
    No you don't. Read the fine print on tickets.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    I don’t think the decision was made by his bosses. But more by the mob of justice Warriors.

Should that not warrant a conversation and question of motives? Should we not be able to question when someone gets fired for questionable reasons?
    If they wanted him gone it was made by his bosses - they are the ones with the contract decision power. If they bring him back then we'll know they were wrong.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    Nice pivot. When you can't answer the q just divert.
    Not sure what you're referring to - clearly the contract owner after meeting with him made a decision - maybe they have mind reading powers. I think that was in first year MBA but I skipped that class because I already knew what they would say/present.

Club Supporter
    The discussion went from mind reading what Don meant, but didn't actually say, to he got fired.

Getting fired still doesn't equate to applying nefarious intent to something Don didn't say.

The pivot is going from being unable to answer mind reading by plebs or upper management, to Cherry's firing. Just because he was fired doesn't prove (or disprove) some hidden, unsaid meaning.
    Sure it does - it's between his bosses and him as to what he meant when he said 'You people" and "you come here....for our milk and honey". If you want to believe/ascribe some generalized past unrelated pattern to that then I would suggest you avoid those CRA telephone calls.

so you chose not to believe it was meant in the way stated in favor of it was meant as a racist remark. do you have a past related pattern that would point to him being racist? perhaps unreleased pictures of him in black face?

you are mind reading with a bias towards racism.

He may very well have been alluding to a racist remark. He did not directly make a racist remark however.

Neither you, I, or management can say for certain what the intent was. Any conclusion reached by anyone is mind reading, which isn't a thing. This incidentally is what most women do when something can be taken in either a positive or negative light.
    Disagree. I don’t think gender usually has anything to do with it. I think people in general tend to always assume the negative.

Different reasons I would assume. Some have been screwed themselves so get in a habit of assuming the worst. Zithers I think secretly know that how they would handle a situation. Therefore assume other would be the same.

IMO one of humanity’s greatest flaws at this current time

That’s a viable point. As we turn towards new times and social constructs. Our hardwired instincts have to try and cope.