Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  50
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Cyclists Thread

Official Cyclists Thread

RedSN had the idea in another thread so I thought I'd start it ... post your bikes, your rides etc.

This is the bike I rode for a number of years. I got it back in the mid-90s and used it for some of the evening criterium races in Mississauga, I did the cycling portion of a team triathlon with it, a few of the MS charity rides and many miles early sunday mornings. I sold it a few years ago. no time to ride with kids now and i'm about 100lbs too big for it now.

I had the water bottles mounted behind/under the seat, clipless pedals and I had aero bars and pads as well.

now I have been riding this at the skate park with my 5yr old daughter.

BECAUSE RACECAR

speedfreak
    [QUOTE=Not4you;28931]RedSN had the idea in another thread so I thought I'd start it ... post your bikes, your rides etc.

I had a Bianchi back in the day and would ride from Oshawa to portperry almost everyday I loved that bike hell i have thought many times about getting anouther road bike as the mountain bike i have now dont really interest me as much!

HyperGT
    nice bikes Not4you, looks like fun with the kids and good music!

Already posted on the other thread, getting back into road racing was very active in the 90's then three kids, career etc. Now time to get back to it. Still have my Wheeler 6600, Shimano XT bike, Miele road bike with Suntour Superb Pro and Shimano 600 (really old stuff now)...new bike is the Cannondale, what an unbelievable difference from my other bikes. I get excited to ride it and hopefully enjoy it this year as much as possible.

TurboFox
    I started off racing XC. Did that for several years then got heavy into bmx.

Then I started racing DH up until about 2 years ago. Love the sport...

Got this bike a few years ago when I shifted my focus from MB to road cycling. It's an aluminum frame made by canadian manufacturer Gardin with carbon fibre front forks. Components are entry level Shimano sora.

Need to do more cycling this summer.
    -Don____________

Got back into biking last summer after many years of going out once or twice. Currently riding a Giant Iguana mountain bike I bought in 2006 or so. Not the greatest for the roads and rail trail I ride on now. Looking at getting something more comfortable for longer rides this summer. Not full out racing bike or anything like that, but something that will be more suited to the riding that I am actually doing. We also started riding with our dog last summer, she loves it because she gets to run as fast as she can and we like it because it takes a whole lot less time to get her energy out.

My current line up:

Marin 29er Muirwoods (Its my road bike )

My Off roads

Kona Kahuna (for sale)

and the new addition
    2014 Trek Superfly6

Sadly its already got a crank bearing issue. Used 2x

saleenman
    Got one of these 7 years ago. Won't buy anything else. Love this bike. Might change tires but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Biz View Post
    Kona Kahuna (for sale)
    PM details please!
    -Don____________

I ride a 2012 Trek Madone 5.9 pro with full Ultegra 6700 10 spd group set (full carbon fibre) Will post up a pic later. Have about 600 km in this year and have joined the Racer Sportif club in Oakville. Expect to ride 4-5000km this year, up from my usual 3000-3500 now that I am riding with the club, both because of the additional miles with the club and training to be able to ride with the fast group. Will most likely ride the blue mountain century ride (100 miles) in the fall.