Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  50
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Official Cyclists Thread

Sorry 01Cobravert for the very late reply, didn't see your post. I rode out of Rome, to Tivoli one day, Velletri another and the first day down to the Mediterranean.

Ending up riding 10,000 km last year, about 300hrs in the saddle

Strong possibility I will be going back to Italy in April for the tour of Sardegna http://www.girosardegna.com/
    6 days of riding/ racing, around 500km, 5000 m of climbing

Few track photos from race night a couple weeks ago

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

Just picked this up for $50... what do I got here boys? It's been a while since I've been on a bike

'88 LX

03svt
    Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    Just picked this up for $50... what do I got here boys? It's been a while since I've been on a bike

What you have there doesn't look very comfortable for anything except riding around the block

Quote Originally Posted by 03svt View Post
    What you have there doesn't look very comfortable for anything except riding around the block
    Lol well I know that much.. just went around the block and the thighs are burning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '88 LX

You're going to have a difficult time keeping up with Gabe
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    You're going to have a difficult time keeping up with Gabe

LOL, I think you are right Don

Heading out for a 100k in about a half hour!

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    ^^ Gabe , my son had basketball training camp and when he told me it was at the Milton Velodrome I was thinking he was mistaken. I was really impressed with such a facility available in your area, as well as Milton sports centre .
    It must be distracting for you cyclists having 3 basketball courts in the center- that track looks pretty steep!

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    ^^ Gabe , my son had basketball training camp and when he told me it was at the Milton Velodrome I was thinking he was mistaken. I was really impressed with such a facility available in your area, as well as Milton sports centre .
    It must be distracting for you cyclists having 3 basketball courts in the center- that track looks pretty steep!

The track is a really fantastic venue, the basketball courts are routinely converted between basketball, volleyball, badminton, children's play camps, ping pong or completely open such as during races when the infield is filled with the cyclists preparing for their next race.

It can be a little distracting having the other sports taking place in the infield, but for the most part is not a problem. During various tournaments there will be parents yelling from the stands over the cyclists at the game and that gets to be a bit much when you are traveling around at speeds up to 60-65km/hr. Definately not complaining though, world class facility within km's of my house is awesome and I live across the street from the sports centre, so walk to hockey and beach volleyball

You don't even notice the pitch of the banks once you get up to speed, this track is 42 degrees, the smaller track in London is 55

Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post

If I had to guess, it is a very old bike, or a department store bike, trying to me a modern street ramp / skatepark bike. The really low and tilted seat position is meant to keep it out of the way when doing tricks on the ramps, you really only sit on it when not moving (resting). The clues that make me think it is a cheap department store bike is that it has one piece cranks and a pretty large chain ring. Newer high end ramp bikes will have 3 piece cranks and a really small chain ring (the small chain ring is used so that you do not catch it when dropping in on a steep ramp). The clues that make me think it is pretty old are that it has a chrome fork and dirt treads on the tires.

If you wanted to know what brand it is, or what year it is from (assuming that it is pretty old) you could check the numbers that should be stamped under the bottom bracket in the database on BMXmuseum.com or look though the database for a distinguishing feature - I'd start with looking for bikes that have the same join where the top tube and fat down tube meet the head tube.

But ultimately what it is or what you paid for it is irrelevant if it is getting you back into a sport that you are enjoying. Rip it around and have fun!!
    BECAUSE RACECAR

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    It can be a little distracting having the other sports taking place in the infield....
    Like watching the go-karts while trying to negotiate turn 8 at Mosport?
    GR knows what I'm talking about LOL
    -Don____________