Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  50
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Cyclists Thread

HyperGT
    That is good. I am just trying to get my 10k's in under 17min .....beer at night is not working to my advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Not4you View Post
    holy crap! well done!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Was on my horse last week and rode 400km, including a solo ride from Milton to Niagara Falls averaging over 31 km/hr.
    Never gonna see that km/hr on my bike. Did 11 k tonight averaging 22. That's about typical for me on the road. But then again not a road bike and on the single track I usually still average about 17km/hour. I'd have to be really pushing to see 30.
    My buddy just picked up a Scott cross bike. He is loving it. Better gearing for the road but still able to handle gravel and moderate trails. On the road together. I have no chance of keeping up.

i dont have the endurance for that kind of a ride and with work and kids I can't find the time to ride long. this is the main reason why i sold my bike in the first place.

but near me once a week there is a 14km time trial race that is nearly all flat. the training for that and the race itself could be possible with the time I have free tho.

so now i want a bike back
    BECAUSE RACECAR

I'm lucky to get out twice a week. Durin the week about a half hour is max. Weekend if I hit the trails with a bud it will be an hour or two max. It's about keeping up. I fine even just once or twice a week my stamina is improving getting better. But I'm far off an 100km ride. I much prefer the trails. The road is just too monotonous.

I was out for a ride last night. 21km single track in Durham forest. Was a great night.
    I realy need to get out more.

Picked up a nice little 20" wheeled Norco spice for my daughter so she can grow into trail riding with me.
    It's a wicked little kids bike. Mech disc brakes, 12spd, 40mm front fork
    Should last her a good run.

Crash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Was on my horse last week and rode 400km, including a solo ride from Milton to Niagara Falls averaging over 31 km/hr.
    Wow! Impressive. Which route did you take?

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Wow! Impressive. Which route did you take?
    Well I had some issues with my BB GPS, I had it set on "no highways" and it told me I could cross the lake/ burlington Bay at eastport drive, so I got down to lakeshore and brant, and was then going to ride the service roads all the way down, but you have to get on the QEW to get to Eastport (as far as I could tell, maybe there is a way, not positive), so I had to double back to plains road and highway 6 and then crossed the bay on the York road bridge in Hamilton, through downtown hamilton, up the mountain on Centennial into Stoney Creek and then was out in the country through a bunch of small towns (smithville, fonthill) into Niagara

Something like this
    https://ca.maps.yahoo.com/#q1=Milton...lton%2C+ON+L9H
    Last edited by Gabe; 07-21-2014 at 02:26 PM.

Was suppose to head up the the brant tract with a buddy Sunday. But it rained Saturday night and was calling for rain Sunday am so we called it off. Apparently the tract turns into slick as ice mud pack when it's wet. So just road the local trail. Only 11k.
    Then did some yard work. Not nearly as fun

Rode the new Milton Velodrome for the first time last weekend, what a blast it is ripping around the 250m circuit. Going into 42 degree corners 4 guys wide was awesome.

speedfreak
    Gonna be doing The ride to conquer cancer this summer so I will be looking for a new road bike this year!