Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Focus RS?

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    What about a Focus ST? Obviously down on power compared to the RS and not AWD. but you still get a sharp looking car with decent power and nice heated Recaros. I had one for a demo in the summer of 16, and loved it. Ride was firm but not too harsh, great handler, and I was getting a bit under 8L/100km for the mixed driving route I do. I know that whenever we get a used one in at Parkway it goes pretty quickly, so people are liking them.

cheers
    Ed
    I thought about the ST but for me the awd is a big plus. I have an awd caddy sts that I would be replacing.

Quote Originally Posted by G-ForceJunkie View Post
    I really like my ST. I've driven an RS and wouldn't trade my ST for one. RS is significantly faster, but the ride sacrifice and the enormous price jump just isn't worth it.
    The reason I started considering one is that i stumbled on a 2017 with 13000km for $36,000 including the factory snow tires etc. I thought that was a a lot of car for that price (considering the original sticker)

Quote Originally Posted by tsp View Post
    The reason I started considering one is that i stumbled on a 2017 with 13000km for $36,000 including the factory snow tires etc. I thought that was a a lot of car for that price (considering the original sticker)
    Yes there are deals out there for sure. Last winter my local dealer had a '17 with 4,000km for $36k (it was stolen and recovered). If AWD is a requirement for you, the RS is a great car.

The car is a blast and made for short commutes (IMO).
    I had no complaints in the 3 years I had mine.
    It's not a long road trip car though. After 2 hours your back will be yelling at you.
    But for a daily driver or short commute or track car you cant go wrong.
    One of the least warranty repaired car's I ever owned.
    I think in 3 years I had 1-2 minor issues.
    With a tune the car can hit high 12's. Not bad for a little 2.3 turbo.

Thanks for the info. The car looks fantastic in Nitrous Blue