Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Focus RS?

Focus RS?

Hey,

I have noticed a few low km ones come up for sale and I am looking for a new daily driver and it might fit the bill.

I remember a member had one for a little while. I was wondering if anyone has any first hand input on them?I know about the head gasket issue in the '16 so I am looking for a '17 or '18. Is it worth getting an '18 with the limited slip front axle? Anything else to keep an eye out for? Are they reliable?

My other thought is an ATS-V as a summer ride and keep my current ride as a winter beater (which would piss the wife off cuz the Fox is already my summer toy).

Any input is appreciated

Biz is the one who had one and he loved it, the head gasket issue was fixed by a recall I believe so don’t be afraid to get an older one. Cool cars, not sure about comfort for a DD though, they’re a bit hairy.

SVOMACH1 also had one. Hopefully he or Biz will chime in.

Mustang Occasionally
    Biz had one as a daily and the only complaint he had was the ride was pretty harsh, even in regular mode.

Thanks for all the input. I am hoping to go test drive one next week if the weather lets up. The price on them seems pretty good for what you get. I am also hoping that they will hold their value after the initial depreciation.

Erin had a 2016 that she owned for over 3 years. The only issue was the head gasket recall which Ford fixed with no issues. The ride was harsh and the Recaros were fine for her but tight for me ( 6’4” 235 lbs). The car was a 10/10 in the fun factor but the fuel mileage was worse than expected but that was due to Erin having fun with the car. FYI, the handling was second to none! I would definitely recommend it if you don't mind the Uber harsh ride. The only reason we traded it in was to get another Bullitt to replace the wrecked one. Hope this helps.
    4C5898C5-7879-4AD7-A50C-D329549D4C53.jpeg
    "If your wife is having a good time and you're not,
    You're still having a better time than if you were having a good time, and she wasn't."

Thanks SVOMACH1. That is a nice car. I am hoping to take one for a test drive to see if I can live with the ride. The fuel mileage doesn't bother me too much.

What about a Focus ST? Obviously down on power compared to the RS and not AWD. but you still get a sharp looking car with decent power and nice heated Recaros. I had one for a demo in the summer of 16, and loved it. Ride was firm but not too harsh, great handler, and I was getting a bit under 8L/100km for the mixed driving route I do. I know that whenever we get a used one in at Parkway it goes pretty quickly, so people are liking them.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Very true Ed. She had an ST that we traded for the RS and I definitely found that car more enjoyable.
    "If your wife is having a good time and you're not,
    You're still having a better time than if you were having a good time, and she wasn't."

I really like my ST. I've driven an RS and wouldn't trade my ST for one. RS is significantly faster, but the ride sacrifice and the enormous price jump just isn't worth it.