Quote Originally Posted by Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT View Post
Ford Co-Pilot360™ Technology Adds Hands-Free Driving, Over-The-Air Updates and More to Help Ford Customers Feel More Relaxed and Confident

Dearborn, MI – June 18, 2020 – Ford Co-Pilot360™ Technology – a comprehensive collection of available driver-assist features – adds new offerings including Active Drive Assist, allowing for hands-free driving on more than 100,000 miles of divided highways in all 50 states and Canada.

“The stress of long highway drives remains a huge issue for drivers around the world,” said Hau Thai-Tang, Ford’s chief product development and purchasing officer. “By introducing driver-assist technologies like Active Drive Assist, Ford’s version of hands-free driving, we’re allowing our customers to feel more confident whenever they’re behind the wheel.”

Active Drive Assist is the next evolution of Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control with Lane Centering from Ford, adding a first-for-Ford Hands-Free Mode with the potential for more enhancements in the future.

Hands-Free Mode allows drivers on certain sections of pre-mapped, divided highways to drive with their hands off the steering wheel – if they continue to pay attention to the road ahead – granting them an additional level of comfort during long drives.

This will be debuting on the Mach-E. More details on the Ford Media site:

https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...e-driving.html
I've wondered about the hands free driving features that are coming to market and what it does for distracted driving. I can see more tickets being issued, since if I'm not holding the steering wheel....I'll probably check my phone or doing some other non-driving-focused things? Or maybe the law around distracting driving will change....