Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Garage Lighting Question

Garage Lighting Question

I have mostly dual 4 foot T8 fluorescent fixtures hanging from the rafters that work reasonably well. There are also two incandescent fixtures that I put 150W bulbs in. The incandescent bulbs seem to last only a few months.

I was wondering if any have had experience with the LED garage lights that are heavily advertised these days? An Amazon example:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07W3NGPZ7/...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

at the shop here in Brampton my indoor area has LED replacement tubes for the once fluorenscent tubes - always cold never heated here - the lights themselves work well even in the cold and appeared brighter in the beginning - very expensive bulbs suppose to last long but still run off a ballast so I still have problems from time to time...cant comment on the pic you shared
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

I have a similar setup in my garage: 8 double 4' T8 fixtures, and one incandescent fixture at each end. I only have 60W bulbs in my incandescent fixtures, they are hooked into the motion sensor switch and are only for minimum illumination only. When I’m working in the shop the T8’s are more than enough.

Interested in your review of the LED retrofits if you go that route.

-Don____________

I put all T8 in my garage. 34 x 8’. Really didn’t like the colour and price of the LED. that was 3.5 years ago. Might be different now.
    I was not concerned about watt usage as they are not on all the time.
    Just waiting for this crap to be over so we can travel again

I ended up replacing my old 4ft florescents with 4inch slim led pot lights, cost me $7 a pc
    brighter then the old one and no issues when it's cold

-Usawit2